Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LG TV Sound but no picture

klturi421
New User

Mar 5, 2018, 2:26 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1047 views)
Shortcut
LG TV Sound but no picture Can't Post

Earlier today my TV was working perfectly fine with no visual issues at all. After leaving home and returning, I try to play some videos on the Fire TV but am presented with a glorious blank screen. The backlight is still coming on as I can see the difference of when the power is off vs when power is on.

After doing some general research and a handful of videos, it sounds like the issue may reside with the T-Con board. Visually, there is no damage to any of the boards. Of course with electronics, the outside doesn't always paint the picture.

Is there any way to be sure which board it is? I would assume that since there is still sound that the issue would reside with the T-Con rather than the Main Video Board or the power board since the TV is still turning on.

Additionally, when I unplug the T-Con nothing happens other than the backlight turning on and when I plug it in again, the screen has vertical lines on it.

Any thoughts or tips? Any assistance is appreciated.

**Update**
I have since replaced the T-Con board and the Main Video Board but I still am unable to get picture. The backlight still comes on and you can hear the static from the antenna but no matter what I do the screen stays blank.

Any help is appreciated!

(This post was edited by klturi421 on Mar 30, 2018, 6:00 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)