Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
LG UH6090 so blue tint is it worth fixing?

vikingGoalie
New User

May 5, 2019, 3:33 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2244 views)
Shortcut
LG UH6090 so blue tint is it worth fixing? Can't Post

So I'm a pretty handy guy and while I've never taken a flat panel tv apart i've fixed plenty of other things. <br> <br>I have this LG 49UH6090, that I picked up for free. The issue is that the screen has a blue hue to it. Messing with the picture settings doesn't really change that. Looking at the back lights they are blue and from what I've read this is a fairly common failure on these LG's. <br> <br>So a couple of questions. First off could it be something other then the led strips? One note is when I was doinking with this to get the cover off. I turned it on and for a moment it looked 100% great, but then it went blue and has remained so since. (tried picture and factory reset as well, and updated the software). So not sure what else other then the led's needing replaced it could be but I'm open to suggestions. <br> <br>The other question si, is it worth fixing this thing? Seems like a decent 4k tv and if i can fix it for 40 bucks or so seems like a good deal. But the youtube videos I've seen it's a fairly intrusive tear down. Just wondering if people here think it's worth the effort of have any tips / suggestions. <br> <br>thx <br>

(This post was edited by vikingGoalie on May 6, 2019, 2:05 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)