Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Loewe flyback arching. Need replacement?

billyboyli
New User

Dec 1, 2004, 9:41 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1650 views)
Shortcut
Loewe flyback arching. Need replacement? Can't Post

Hi All!
I was given a German made Loewe CRT 32 inch TV from a customer of mine. He told me that it needed a new power supply. Being this customer is very wealthy, he just went out and bought a new plasma and gave me this one. (the loewe) When I plugged it in I heard an arching sound and no picture. After about 5 seconds it would shut down. I removed the cover and noticed at startup, the flyback was arching so I decided to put some hot glue where it was arching. I then plugged it back in and it made a strange hissing sound and smelled like electric burn.
I have now removed the flyback (thanks to all of your great posts)
My questions are:
1) Where can I find a new one? Is there a direct replacement?
2) Do I need to replace anything else? (horiz. output trans)
I found one place in Ireland that sells them but are there any places in the States?
The Flyback is made by Eldor Electronics
SN# 1372.9002
276-28032
Equivelent #'s are:
HR 8786
TR 4676

Thanks a million people!Smile

(This post was edited by billyboyli on Dec 1, 2004, 10:02 PM)

mel
Veteran

Dec 1, 2004, 11:39 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [billyboyli] Loewe flyback arching. Need replacement? [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks like you are stuck with your European source for about $50. Thompson Electronics is usually a pretty good source for replacement flybacks but apparently there was not enough call for that model to warrant developing one. If you are looking for a free TV, check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a brand new one with a little effort on your part.

billyboyli
New User

Dec 2, 2004, 12:03 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Loewe flyback arching. Need replacement? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your reply. I'm not looking for a free TV but only looking to repair this one. Its a beautiful looking set and it would be a shame to let it sit there for a $50 part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)