Dec 10, 2020, 10:49 PM

Post #1 of 1 (777 views)
Shortcut
Looking for suggestions on next step in fixing seiki se60gy05 Can't Post

Model: Seiki 60 inch se60gy05
VLD: VLD-LEDTV1901
T-CON: CPWBXRUNTK4532TP
Main Board: ST2947A R10.6 v2
Problem: Backlight flicker (Leds test good) Good audio/video, Replaced VLD, VLD makes noise when backlight issue occurs and goes away when no issue. All boards/caps/etc visually fine. all other voltages normal with exception of fluctuation in volts from vld led plug to led lights.

Hello all. Garbage picked a seiki 60 inch tv which will power on fine, but was having backlight flickering issues. Audio/video appears great, but the led backlights would black out or flicker with changes in voltage.

I used an led tester on the backlights, it reads solid 74v 44ma and the light comes on fine with no flickers or dark spots on the screen.

The VLD board seems to swing voltage to the led connections from about 62v to 91v, around the 90s is when the backlight is perfect and everything works great. I replaced the vld board and it sometimes works fine for up to about 10 minutes before it starts its issues again, but it can come and go with no seemingly obvious cause.

Both vld boards appear to be sound and voltage seems fine everywhere else, however there is a small audible electric cricket from the vld boards that goes away completely when the led voltage goes up to the 90s.

My question is, if the led lights seemingly test perfect and the vld has been replaced, could these symptoms be caused by a main/video board nearing the end of its life? Or is it somehow possible that even though the picture looks great that the tcon could be a problem? Im not new to electronic repairs but have not done much on televisions.

Thanks in advance.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)