MITS CS26EX1

Ojibewa
New User

Dec 21, 2004, 8:01 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1565 views)
Shortcut
MITS CS26EX1 Can't Post

was having the typical PIP problems so I just bypassed it with the caps,

I have a good pic on both tuner/video but it flashes blue screen every few seconds

any ideas??

Steve

(This post was edited by Ojibewa on Dec 21, 2004, 8:02 PM)

mel
Veteran

Dec 22, 2004, 1:54 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ojibewa] MITS CS26EX1 [In reply to] Can't Post

It could be an intermittent short in the CRT or a bad solder joint causing you to lose drive to the blue gun in the CRT. But first, I would check the workmanship of your repairs to make sure that there are no solder points that could be arcing. Look for bad solder joints on the CRT board and try tapping the neck of the CRT to see if there is an internal short. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Ojibewa
New User

Dec 22, 2004, 2:11 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] MITS CS26EX1 [In reply to] Can't Post

double checked my work, when it flashes blue screen I lose sound also, this is both on video and tuner,

I removed the PIP and did the cap trick, with the same results, so it's not the PIP module,,

oh how fun....

Tongue

mel
Veteran

Dec 22, 2004, 2:58 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ojibewa] MITS CS26EX1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Take a non-conductive probe and tap around the tuner and IC701 to see if you can isolate the area where the problem lies. Also try flexing the main board around the audio and video boards to see if you might have a hairline crack in the board. I don't see a common B+ source for the two boards but o crack might interupt a common feed.

(This post was edited by mel on Dec 22, 2004, 3:12 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)