Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Master programming code / keys for TV set

nagraview2003
New User

Jan 20, 2005, 12:26 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1994 views)
Shortcut
Master programming code / keys for TV set Can't Post

Recently, I visited my friends and coincidentally a technician was servicing his SONY TV. I learnt that his TV set got brightness problems. He turned to max. for brightness but still looks dim. I think this might be quality control problem.

On the spot, I saw that technician using that TV set remote control and keying in some coding to adjust & correct the problems. It back to normal at last.

I used to request that particular code list from him (the technician) but he refuse to give. According to him, misuse of these codes could permanently damage the TV set.

Can I know where I can find these codes for Panasonic, Sony & JVC tv ?

I’d appreciate if someone could offer the links to that particular website.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Jan 21, 2005, 10:44 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nagraview2003] Master programming code / keys for TV set [In reply to] Can't Post

Yore tech is right, once these codes get out there all hell breaks loose, Many manufactures will use the same microprocesser for several models, featchers such as pix in Pix or whether the set is a 4X3 or wide screen , stero options, number of inputs, stuff like that are either turned on or off in the service menu. Just because its in the Service menu does not meen turning this on will magicaly made you set do this. The other settings for Color or Grayscale are there to but not all service menus display this so simply, for a example a Sony ws50 xbr has over 2900 different ways just to change color tint in every differant mode the set can show, ( wide, narrow 4X3 full ect.) then has over 6 differant way to converge it in every mode again. then it has a way to copy modes save modes or rewrite the entire thing back to the factory defaults,

There is no magic code that fixes sets, they are simply setting that are adjusted nowing where to find these and how far each can go before it frys the set takes at a minum a service manual and some training to understand whats going on.

Ask some one who got the code off the internet on how to converge there Zenith big screen if after messing around in the service menu they made it worse and now the set will no longer go into service mode and now E-Proms have to be replaced at a nice little cost just to get the set back to where it was,

If something suddenly goes out of wack 98% of the time some componet has failed and screwwing with the E-Prom settins now mean we get to charge first for the componet repair then add some more to bring the set back to factory specs.

And finaly there are settings in the service menu that may sound like they will do what you want but because all these "menus" are abriviated and some times writen in code, by adjusting a varible outside what the set is desighned for causes a catastofic failer in the curcuit and destroys componets, when this happens usaly we get the set and the custmer will not tell us they messed around in the service menu, we can fix the destroyed componet but the way the set is set it destoys them again, at a added cost and if severe enough next comes a board replacment along with a couple hundred added to the bill,

Some adjustment directly control voltages and frequincys in the set and will cause the unit to fail if pushed to the wrong limits

On a final note when the custmer with out training or knowlage of how to properly adjust the set in the service menu's it almost allways ends up with a worse condition than what they started with.
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

nagraview2003
New User

Jan 22, 2005, 8:08 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1972 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nagraview2003] Master programming code / keys for TV set [In reply to] Can't Post

Can you link me to the website where I can learn or found these info about these codes ?

mel
Veteran

Jan 22, 2005, 11:45 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1962 views)
Shortcut

If you insist on taking a chance, you can go to www.samswebsite.com and download a Sony Photofact, e.g. 4234, for $20. It has instructions for accessing the service menu and what to do after you get there. If you mess it up as Mike has cautioned not to, you can always go the www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement with a little effort on your part.

minehunter
User

Jan 24, 2005, 3:31 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Master programming code / keys for TV set [In reply to] Can't Post

Heck if they insist on trying to screw with the EEPROM they can send me just $5 and i'll give them the code. I can use all the $5 I can get. Heck i'll even give them a copied list of the codes for a kv27xbr 70 just to confuse them with.

WinkWink

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)