Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Mitsubishi: Picture goes black and comes back after a while

hmd
New User

Jun 5, 2003, 9:05 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3113 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi: Picture goes black and comes back after a while Can't Post

Hi, I have 32" Mitsubishi TV. About two weeks ago, I noticed the picture started to dim and went all black but it came back to normal within that minute. Since then this problem of picture going black and coming back have become frequent. Now, sometimes, it won't come back for hours. The sound is fine even when the picture is gone. I don't have any vertical or horizontal lines on the screen.

Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MaierTV
User

Jun 5, 2003, 10:44 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hmd] Mitsubishi: Picture goes black and comes back after a while [In reply to] Can't Post

Since we have no model number to refrance to I'll give a genaral answer to this, Mit's have a PIP board that is know to fail and cause this problem, there are two ways to go about fixing this one is to bypass the board and the other is to replace several surface mounted capacitor on the board. One way to test to see if it is this board is the next time the picture fade check and see if the OSD ( On Screen Display ) still works you should be able to see chanel display, volume bar, and the menu. if this is the case we can e-mail you the fixes

hmd
New User

Jun 5, 2003, 7:24 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MaierTV] Mitsubishi: Picture goes black and comes back after a while [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi just to wanted to add to the message the TV's Model Number is: CS-31303; Serial Number: 548533 and Manufactured Date: 1995.
Regarding Screen Display: I checked, The channel # or Volume Bar, nothing shows while the screen is black. Sound is perfect at all times.

Please let me know how to bypass the PIP board. How hard is it?

(This post was edited by hmd on Jun 5, 2003, 7:29 PM)

MaierTV
User

Jun 6, 2003, 9:05 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3085 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hmd] Mitsubishi: Picture goes black and comes back after a while [In reply to] Can't Post

Since you mention that there is no display at all it's posible the PIP is not at fault. there is a large resistor on the CRT board thast because of heat will have a bad solder joint, resolder the CRT board and this should restore the filement voltage and your PIX

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)