Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Mitsubishi 50" won't power up

seekeril
New User

Nov 2, 2004, 5:51 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2219 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi 50" won't power up Can't Post

I have a Mitsubishi VS-50609 (Lot#53) which will not power up. Can anyone tell me what test points to use to test the power supply? I have searched quite a bit and cannot locate a service manual. I have already verified all the fuses are good and that the rectifier bridge is working and has voltage, beyond that, I do not know what to do w/o help.

Any thoughts, links, or advice would be appreciated!

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2004, 11:24 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [seekeril] Mitsubishi 50" won't power up [In reply to] Can't Post

This set may have a self disagnostic mode, try this with the set pluged in press and hold the input and menu buttons on the front of the set for at least 6 seconds, the power light should start blinking, post how many times it blinks or reach me at Maiertv.com
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

seekeril
New User

Nov 3, 2004, 9:59 AM

Post #3 of 6 (2200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Mitsubishi 50" won't power up [In reply to] Can't Post

Mike, I was able to get it to flash a code to me. It blinks once, then twice, it repeats this 5 times. --

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Nov 3, 2004, 4:37 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2192 views)
Shortcut

Afraid that code tells me all is well try this unplug it wait 10 mins, try to turn it on, wait 2 mins then get the code this time it should not read a 12

seekeril
New User

Nov 3, 2004, 10:44 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Mitsubishi 50" won't power up [In reply to] Can't Post

After repeated attempts to power it up (with no luck). The same code is still there. After you advised that the 12 code is all ok, I had to question whether either the front power switch is bad, or if the front key lock is on. I was able to find an old Mitsubishi (27" Tube) TV remote to try as I have no manuals, remote, or history about this one. The old remote powered this set on immediately. It appears to be working just fine. The old remote doesn't have some of the buttons that are needed to navigate the menus in the TV but my point it,, THE TV IS ON AND WORKING! ..

Matt, I can't thank you enough for your input, it made me dig more into the obvious first. I do have two more questions for you though. First, would you have any Mistu remotes around that I could purchase from you? and How do I get this front screen to hang onto the clips flush w/o bowing out in places?

Again, thank you, that all clear code was just what I needed.

Chris

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2004, 4:38 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2172 views)
Shortcut

It is nice when all thats wrong with a $3000.00 tv is a 30.00 dollar remote got lucky there, you can find a replacment remote at Vancebaldwin.com

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.24 s on (CGI/1.1)