Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Mitsubishi CS-27201 static and picture wave

blackjack
New User

Jan 6, 2005, 4:53 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1491 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi CS-27201 static and picture wave Can't Post

I have a Mitsubishi CS-27201 that I bought 10 years ago. Almost every time I turn it on these days, I get intermittent static which makes the TV unwatchable. The static goes on for about 5-10 seconds, then stops for a few minutes then starts again. After about 10-15 minutes of the TV "warming up", the static goes away and I can watch the TV with no problems. Any thoughts? Since the TV is 10 years old, is it worth trying to fix or should I just get a new one?

mel
Veteran

Jan 7, 2005, 10:10 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackjack] Mitsubishi CS-27201 static and picture wave [In reply to] Can't Post

I recently had an RCA with similar symptoms and found that the dust which had accumulated on top of the CRT was absorbing moisture from the air and the moisture was acting as a conductor to the CRT banding. After the set had played for a few minutes, the moisture dried out and it was OK. Just cleaning the dust off of the CRT solved the problem. You might want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)