Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Mitsubishi CS-3506R

imnotech
New User

Feb 7, 2005, 8:47 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1512 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi CS-3506R Can't Post

I recently came across a Mitsubishi CS-3506R not knowing if it worked or not, I took it home and plugged it in. When I powered it up the channel program light would flash a few times then some light would flash across the bottom of the screen then nothing. I could hear sound from the speakers, not actual audio but power noise. Then I started to press some of the buttons and now no flashing channel program light or light on the screen, I may have locked myself out? I took of the back and after removing dust build up was able to see a few leaky caps, all in the same area in the corner of one of the boards. I would really like to save this set from the scrap yard, can some one please help me with some detailed info about how I can fix it? What are some common problems with this model? I am sure with the proper knowledge I can fix it. Please Help!Crazy

mel
Veteran

Feb 8, 2005, 12:16 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1500 views)
Shortcut
Re: [imnotech] Mitsubishi CS-3506R [In reply to] Can't Post

The board with the leaky caps is probably the PiP board. If it is plugged into the "VP" plug, remove and discard it and install a .01 mf cap between pins 7 and 9 and Install a 4.7 mf 50v cap between pins 5 and 11 with the pos lead to pin 5 of the plug. This might account for your video problem but probably not the audio. Try unplugging the set for a few minutes and plug it back in to see if it will reset itsself. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)