Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Mitsubishi Popping Sound with White Screen

Larcrow
New User

Dec 25, 2004, 9:40 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1700 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi Popping Sound with White Screen Can't Post

I have a 35" Mitsubishi model CK35702 which has developed a problem whenever a large amount of white shows up on the screen the picture pulses a bit and there is a low freqency tone. If the white in the picture changes rapidly as happens when several flash cameras are picked up on screen there is a repeated popping sound with each flash. Any ideas as to the cause and solution will be appreciated.

Larcrow
New User

Jan 13, 2005, 8:22 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1675 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Larcrow] Mitsubishi Popping Sound with White Screen [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I didn't get a reply to this post the more I review other posts where this problem is referred to I get the impression that my flyback transformer for my Mitsubishi CK35702 may be the problem. What is the likelihood of finding a replacement and what is the best source?

mel
Veteran

Jan 13, 2005, 11:19 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Larcrow] Mitsubishi Popping Sound with White Screen [In reply to] Can't Post

I would more suspect a voltage regulator problem but if you just start changing parts based upon speculation you may wind up spending more on parts than a shop would charge to fix it and still not solve the problem. You might want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Larcrow
New User

Jan 15, 2005, 12:21 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1664 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Mitsubishi Popping Sound with White Screen [In reply to] Can't Post

Mel, I suppose you're right and I should get a qualified technician to check things out. I really don't want to start a R and R process that may not lead to a fix. I guess I was curious as to whether parts (particularly the flyback transformer) were even available for my model. Since mine is a console version I suspect it will cost me quite a bit just to get it into the shop for someone to diagnose.

shadetree
Veteran

Jan 15, 2005, 4:20 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1663 views)
Shortcut

try turning screen control on flyback down a little

BroadbandHoss
New User

Jan 28, 2005, 11:14 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1630 views)
Shortcut

What is the video source when this occurs. Video in, Tuner, CATV decoder... Bottomline it sounds like one of the filters is failing. Video is getting into the audio, thus the popping.

BKFWink
Although random, emotions do follow logic. Don't be a skimmer look all issues in depth. The process should illuminate your being.

Larcrow
New User

Jan 29, 2005, 1:27 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BroadbandHoss] Mitsubishi Popping Sound with White Screen [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it shows up in every mode. It's particularly pronounced while fast forwarding or reversing a video tape and the popping is quite fast as the images change rapidly.

I recently noticed another symptom that is probably connected and that is a popping sound when I change channels using the TV tuner. It's not as loud as the popping when the video changes with white pictures or flashing.

BroadbandHoss
New User

Feb 25, 2005, 8:05 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1588 views)
Shortcut

I guess I wasn't specific when I ask about the source. I was trying to narrow down RF vs composite vs RGB or Svideo. If the FF source is RF that could narrow it to RF processing. Otherwise it is in a module beyond that process. White screens are alot of energy. Could be the notch filter that is actually too wide. RF input - Video and Audio should have 14db separation minimum. Hope this helps!

Regards,

BKFCool
Although random, emotions do follow logic. Don't be a skimmer look all issues in depth. The process should illuminate your being.

(This post was edited by BroadbandHoss on Feb 25, 2005, 9:39 AM)

BroadbandHoss
New User

Feb 25, 2005, 2:49 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BroadbandHoss] Mitsubishi Popping Sound with White Screen [In reply to] Can't Post

The issue with the VCR... Do they still make those. Convert it all to DVD's. Alot of the copy guard schemes for VCR's creates similar problems. The Sync is too weak, etc.

Stand-by for digression. 10 years ago when I bought my brand new Toshiba 35" and Sony VCR. I, the beta tester (end user) discovered an incompatability between the too devices. faint gray lines, were visible. Upon returning the unit. the fine folks at Incredible Universe said the unit was fine. Took it home, same issue. Returned the unit with the 200lb TV. They aggreed there was an issue. They sent me home with a brand new Sony VCR. Well it too had the issue... Returned it, for a JVC. It worked great, althought adjusting the skew has been an issue for ever. It has a very narrow window of operation for certain tapes. Mitsubishi was one of the first for some of the advanced filters that are common place today.

If you'd like I have a SAMIII RF meter. If you live in the DFW area you are welcome to borrow it. It's not one of the new digital ones however you can rule somethings out.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)