Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Mitsubishi VS6043 Turn on turns right back off

Bronson2k4
New User

Nov 12, 2004, 9:07 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2068 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi VS6043 Turn on turns right back off Can't Post

I have an Mitsubishi VS6043 projection TV.Last week i went to turn TV on and it just clicks.The power button lights up for a second,clicks and goes right back off.I have had no problems with this TV at all.Can anyone tell me what might be wrong with it?Maybe i just need a new on/off switch.Give me some feedback thanks.

leflic14
New User

Dec 6, 2004, 1:26 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bronson2k4] Mitsubishi VS6043 Turn on turns right back off [In reply to] Can't Post

I am currently having this same problem with mine. Have you gotten any answers? It sounds like it must be common to this TV. I was thinking it was the switch also. If so, where do I get the part?

minehunter
User

Dec 7, 2004, 11:49 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leflic14] Mitsubishi VS6043 Turn on turns right back off [In reply to] Can't Post

open up the back of the set and look for IC401. this is the vertical IC, it is a single row chip about an inch long and and has I believe 14 legs in a single row. Check this and make sure it is soldered onto the board. They had a habit of cracking the solder connections. This was the most common problem i have found with this set. I hope it helps. The board can be a real pain to remove and it will crack easily if mishandled.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)