Mitsubishi WD-52525 Bliniking Timer light

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Hazardsneon
User

Jul 25, 2013, 12:51 AM

Post #1 of 53 (10339 views)
Shortcut
Mitsubishi WD-52525 Bliniking Timer light Can't Post

I have a DLP projection Mitsubishi WD-52525 and the Timer light is blinking 11 times. Can someone tell me what the error state is? I previously re-capped pretty much the whole chassis and did the fan modification where I flipped the fan so it is sucking air out and not blowing into the chassis and clipped the metal guard. I honestly barely use it and I just used it Sunday. I went to turn it on today and it did nothing. Then I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it was flashing the timer light. Help please!

74f100
Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2013, 2:51 AM

Post #2 of 53 (10332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hazardsneon] Mitsubishi WD-52525 Bliniking Timer light [In reply to] Can't Post

The timer light blinks 11 times and stops after you replugged the set?
HDMI not working

Hazardsneon
User

Jul 25, 2013, 3:13 AM

Post #3 of 53 (10328 views)
Shortcut
Re: [74f100] Mitsubishi WD-52525 Bliniking Timer light [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes. As soon as I plug it in the timer light starts flashing. It is a pretty quick flash but I think it flashes 11 times. I try to hold the device and menu buttons to get the error but it does nothing.

Ron.M
Veteran

Jul 25, 2013, 5:43 PM

Post #4 of 53 (10313 views)
Shortcut

74f100;.....

I don't want to get too involved with this one..
However , from the info I have , 11 blinks is not listed...

So , for both of you 2's benefit , here's the way to get the correct blink codes;=>...
(74f100 , I know you know , but Hazardsneon apparently is not doing the procedure correctly..)...
Once you two get the correct code , you can start to fix this puppy...

From Mitsubishi;=>...

Below is a list of error codes for most Mitsubishi DLP and
Projection TV sets. Most models have a self-diagnosis feature
to help determine shutdown problems. To enable this feature do the following....

1) Turn the tv on and then let it shutdown
2) Press the input and menu buttons on the front panel
simultaneously and hold them in for 5 seconds
3) After 5 seconds the power LED on the front panel will blink
a two digit sequence.
This will commonly be one set of blinks followed by a short
pause then another set of blinks.
This will repeat around five times.
1 - 2 = no error detected
2 - 1 = X-ray protect (high voltage or beam current)
2 - 2 = Short protect - short detected - commonly caused by
convergence failure
2 - 3 = Deflection protect
2 - 4 = Vertical protect
Note: A constant blink on certain models will typically be
caused by a fault in the DM model.
More error codes;=>..
Error Code Probable Cause
12 No error detected
22 Recovery from momentary Reset
32 Lamp Cover open
33 Air Filter Cover open
34 Lamp abnormality
35 Chassis Fan failure
36 Exhaust (Back Cover) or Lamp Ballast Fan failure
37 Engine (DMD or Lamp) Fan failure
38 Excess Lamp Temperature
39 Excess DMD Temperature
41 Short Detected
44 DVI Cable (between Chassis and Engine) disconnected

Hope this helps....Sly....

Later...Ron.M....Cool...
Veteran & Retired TV technician

Hazardsneon
User

Jul 25, 2013, 9:10 PM

Post #5 of 53 (10308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] Mitsubishi WD-52525 Bliniking Timer light [In reply to] Can't Post

The problem with that is that I can't turn the TV on. When I press the power button it does absolutely nothing. My TV is a paper weight that flashes the timer light when plugged in. It takes no more than plugging the TV in, in order to get it to flash.

Hazardsneon
User

Jul 26, 2013, 12:18 AM

Post #6 of 53 (10304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hazardsneon] Mitsubishi WD-52525 Bliniking Timer light [In reply to] Can't Post

Also, the cooling fan for the chassis doesn't sound like it is running. I'm assuming I lost a power supply or maybe some caps blew again but I thought I would ask someone knowledgeable before I tore into it.

Ron.M
Veteran

Jul 26, 2013, 5:43 PM

Post #7 of 53 (10287 views)
Shortcut

Hazardsneon;....

I'm not that "knowledgeable" about this set , but let's try this anyway....
The TV & the micro may be turning on...
Plug the TV in & wait for that timer light bogus flashing to stop....
When it does , press power on at the TV ONE time...
You probably won't see anything happen...
Wait about a full minute....
This will allow time for the micro to "boot" up the TV...
Then press the device and menu buttons on the front panel simultaneously and hold them in for at least 5 seconds...
IF the micro is working , you may get the blinking code mentioned in the list I posted...

IF you do , please post the code....
IF not , then you do possibly have a power supply problem or ??? , that will require some TV repair experience to diagnose...
I will not be able to help you any further...

GOOD LUCK....Sly....

Later....Ron.M...Cool...
Veteran & Retired TV technician

(This post was edited by Ron.M on Jul 26, 2013, 7:07 PM)

74f100
Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2013, 2:17 AM

Post #8 of 53 (10273 views)
Shortcut

When that set is plugged in the timer light should blink for 70 seconds. If it doesn't, then it has failed to initialize. You won't actually get an error code (but not always true).

First check the outputs of the power supply, if all good, make sure the E2P board didn't get unplugged when replacing the caps. It should be a small stand up board (I believe plugged into the DM). But shooting from memory, I don't remember my log in to Mitsubishi.
HDMI not working

Hazardsneon
User

Jul 27, 2013, 8:51 PM

Post #9 of 53 (10263 views)
Shortcut

The TV never stops flashing the timer light. I've had the TV plugged in since I the first post on this topic and when I just went to un-plug it and plug it back in, it was still flashing. It sounds like after each set of 11ish flashes there is a buzzing/arcing sound coming from the chassis.
I re-capped the chassis a little less than 2 years ago and its been sitting in the same place for about a year and a half so everything should be plugged in.
I'm expecting that when I crack into it I will probably find burst caps. I will crack into it soon and write back.

74f100
Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2013, 4:29 AM

Post #10 of 53 (10249 views)
Shortcut

If it never stops blinking, then the initialization cycle isn't completing. That comes from either output from the power supply being low. Or bad caps on the DM.

The only thing that doesn't sound right is the buzzing. That comes from the spark gaps on the ballast (bad lamp). But that shouldn't happen if initialization has failed.

If you replaced the caps a couple of years ago with cheapos, then it is very likely they've failed again. Don't leave it powered if there is a possibility of bad caps. They will damage the DM, e2p, or the FMT.
HDMI not working

Hazardsneon
User

Sep 7, 2013, 3:05 AM

Post #11 of 53 (10194 views)
Shortcut

So, I just replaced the DM and FMT caps with brand new, good, caps. I plugged it in and it still does nothing and the buzzing/sputtering sound is coming from the power board. All of the rails that are present on the board are low. The 30VS is around 20V, the 12VS is around 6V, the 15V is around 7V. Could there still be something wrong with those boards and they are loading down the power supplies or is it a problem with the power board? Thanks!

74f100
Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2013, 12:31 AM

Post #12 of 53 (10167 views)
Shortcut

did you check the caps on the power supply?
HDMI not working

Hazardsneon
User

Sep 9, 2013, 1:53 AM

Post #13 of 53 (10164 views)
Shortcut

None of them are bulging. I am probably going to take the power board out tonight, bring it into work and check the supplies on an o-scope. Last time I replaced the DM and FMT board caps I also replaced some of the power board caps. They may have failed or ones that I didn't change could have failed.

74f100
Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2013, 9:49 PM

Post #14 of 53 (10155 views)
Shortcut

Read the output voltages from the power supply. I've had rare cases where voltage regulators failed, causing the same failure (failure to initialize).
HDMI not working

Hazardsneon
User

Sep 9, 2013, 10:56 PM

Post #15 of 53 (10154 views)
Shortcut

So, I must have been going to the wrong ground point or my hand held DMM is shot. All the standby voltages are there. I am about to head home and put the board back in the TV and see what all of the voltages read again with a borrowed DMM.

74f100
Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2013, 11:10 PM

Post #16 of 53 (10152 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, I believe there are a few different grounds used. They are marked on the power supply IIRC.

But make sure you are troubleshooting the same problem,,,,,,a constant blinking light is a failure to initialize. If it stops blinking after 70 seconds, then it HAS initialized. Connect everything, including the lamp door, then plug the set in. Touch nothing, just time the initialization cycle......I'm reiterating this, because I'm reading conflicting information in this thread, lets just troubleshoot one thing at a timeWink
HDMI not working

Hazardsneon
User

Sep 10, 2013, 1:38 AM

Post #17 of 53 (10151 views)
Shortcut

Ok, So I just plugged everything back in. Same issue with a non-stop blinking light. The +12VS was back down around 7V and the 30V was down as well. Also, the +12V was around 6V. I unplugged the DM board, 4 pin power cable and still problems, I unplugged the FMT board 4 pin power cable and still problems. I unplugged the K1 connector from the power board and the power supplies came back but for obvious reasons, it didn't initialize. I am about to look over the Schematic and see what else the +12VS and +6VS goes to.

Hazardsneon
User

Sep 10, 2013, 2:20 AM

Post #18 of 53 (10147 views)
Shortcut

Alright, so I just unplugged the KS connector that supplies the +12VS and +6VS to the Signal board and the DM fan now starts up. Also, I was looking at the light again and it isn't a constant flash, it flashes 11 times quickly, pauses and flashes 11 more times and repeats. I'm taking the signal board to work tomorrow in hopes that I can find something wrong with it.

Hazardsneon
User

Sep 16, 2013, 4:45 PM

Post #19 of 53 (10125 views)
Shortcut

I still haven't had time to look at the signal board. Do you think I should explore other possibilities? Do you have a clue about the flashing?

74f100
Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2013, 12:07 AM

Post #20 of 53 (10104 views)
Shortcut

The only way to pull errors is posted above.

Read back over this thread, you must follow the procedure correctly to get to a proper diagnosis. First, are we dealing with a failure to initialize, or something else. If it initialized correctly, then throws an error, we can diag. that.......I'm getting various observations, but not answers to my questions.....1 step at a time.

This TV is one of the easiest to diagnose, but a pain to work on. I have worked on hundreds, but I always follow the EXACT procedure when checking them.
HDMI not working

Hazardsneon
User

Sep 19, 2013, 2:43 PM

Post #21 of 53 (10100 views)
Shortcut

Sorry for the erratic posting. I get a little excited.

Lets start at the beginning.

If I recall the first time this set failed to initialize, the power led kept blinking as though it was starting up but just never started up. This time, when I plug it in, the power led blinks exactly 11 times quickly, pauses, blinks 11 times quickly and repeat. It never shuts off.

I am not getting the blinks because of trying to pull a code, it is just what the TV does.

If my class tonight doesn't go until 10pm I will try to plug everything back together and record a video of what my set is doing and post a link to it on YouTube.

I will double check to make sure everything is plugged in before I make the video.

Thanks for you help and patients.

74f100
Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2013, 2:29 AM

Post #22 of 53 (10089 views)
Shortcut

The key is timing. 70 seconds to initialize,,,,,,,if it fails to initialize then it will begin to blink an error.

1st point, does it initialize: yes or no

2nd point, if it doesn't initialize, then we pull error codes. See above for procedure.

No more, no less. LOL

Jim
HDMI not working

Hazardsneon
User

Sep 20, 2013, 4:39 AM

Post #23 of 53 (10087 views)
Shortcut

It takes longer than 70 seconds to initialize. It doesn't initialize.

I would try the sequence for pulling codes but when I try to power the TV on and let is shutdown it does nothing different.

Here is what my TV does when I plug it in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKxxxzFfCes

I waited 2 minutes.

74f100
Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2013, 10:02 PM

Post #24 of 53 (10043 views)
Shortcut

Nope, that isn't initializing.

Initialization mainly involves the Power supply, DM, and E2P. Check the power supply voltages (I don't have a manual here, it should be printed on the board).

I don't think you have anything wrong with the signal pcb yet, and it shouldn't make a difference with failing to initialize.
HDMI not working

Hazardsneon
User

Sep 22, 2013, 9:30 PM

Post #25 of 53 (10024 views)
Shortcut

Voltages as follows:

30VS - 27V
+15V - 10.6V
-15V - -10.7V
12V - 0V
5V - 0.7V
3.3V - 0V

When the buzzing occurs the voltage is building and when it stops, all the voltages drop. It is a transformer on the power board that is buzzing.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.24 s on (CGI/1.1)