Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
More help needed! RCA help from you knowledgeable experts

RCA27120WN
New User

Feb 4, 2005, 5:11 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1214 views)
Shortcut
More help needed! RCA help from you knowledgeable experts Can't Post

OK, I haven't had much response to my questions and I need more troubleshooting things to try. I put a new fuse in and and it blew right away. I am waiting for a schematic to show me what the components are. Please add input if you can. The blown fuse wasn't completely black, but I did replace it only to have it blow immendiately when I plugged the set in. Could use a laundry list of things to check (and where to find them).

Thanks

Anyone?

I have a RCA 27" (1992) model F27120WN, CTC167R that developed a problem in the last week. While on, the tv would click off by itself. I would try the on button and would only get a green light blinking on the front. 3 blinks and nothing else. I was able to "persuade" the tv to come back on by knocking on the case a couple of times. This worked for a few days and then the tv went off for good. No green light either. I opened up the case and found that the fuse was blown. Could this be it or is it probably something more. I plan on gettng a new fuse. Will radio shack have it or must I go elsewhere. In the meantime, anything else I should check?

D

Unimpressed

(This post was edited by RCA27120WN on Feb 5, 2005, 5:48 PM)

crawdaddy
New User

Feb 4, 2005, 12:35 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RCA27120WN] Need RCA help from you knowledgeable experts [In reply to] Can't Post

Examine the fuse ...if it's blown black you have a dead short somewhere near by, most probably rectifier diodes or possibly the horizontal output transistor. You can try using a pigtail socket with a 100 watt light bulb clipped across the fuse terminals to temporarily replace the fuse..if the bulb lights to full brightness, the short is still present..if it's really dim or not lit at all you've cleared the short. Newer tv sets won't stay on with the bulb trick,but I've found many short circuits using this technique. Good luck post with any resultsSmile

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)