Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
NO Raster with high frequenzy sound heard

roel
New User

Dec 13, 2004, 3:33 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1186 views)
Shortcut
NO Raster with high frequenzy sound heard Can't Post

Dear Sir, I have a problem with my TV Sony model KV2167MT , i was watching then it suddenly shutdown and cant be turn on.when i checked it i found out that the Horizontal OUt(D1878) was shorted, so i replaced it with a good one and it works for about 30 mins. then the same problem occured again.Please help me on this, what will be the cause of this problem and parts should i change to fix it.thanks.

Huskerman99
New User

Dec 14, 2004, 9:11 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [roel] NO Raster with high frequenzy sound heard [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, you'll need another HOT, also make sure you check the BIG filter capacitor right near the plugin in the power supply circuit. I would also check all the diodes in and around the HOT. Do this all with the power off and unplugged. Also visually inspect any resistors around the HOT as some may be current limiting resistors that aren't limiting anymore. Double check that you replaced with correct HOT the first time...sometmes when ordering replacements it is easy to put in a pnp instead of a npn...maybe.. I'm just throwing thoughts out there. Also, if you can I would check your B+ voltage to see if it is too high, should probably be around 150V dc or so. Just make sure you know where to check it at.
DJ
A.A.S. Electronic Servicing
Working on BA in Electrical Engineering.

roel
New User

Dec 14, 2004, 11:37 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Huskerman99] NO Raster with high frequenzy sound heard [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Well, you'll need another HOT, also make sure you check the BIG filter capacitor right near the plugin in the power supply circuit. I would also check all the diodes in and around the HOT. Do this all with the power off and unplugged. Also visually inspect any resistors around the HOT as some may be current limiting resistors that aren't limiting anymore. Double check that you replaced with correct HOT the first time...sometmes when ordering replacements it is easy to put in a pnp instead of a npn...maybe.. I'm just throwing thoughts out there. Also, if you can I would check your B+ voltage to see if it is too high, should probably be around 150V dc or so. Just make sure you know where to check it at.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2004, 10:31 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [roel] NO Raster with high frequenzy sound heard [In reply to] Can't Post

Two things to check How was the hrizontal drive transformer any ring fractures around the solder joints, second a Sony flyback when about to fry will destroy the output but does it run hot? not the average warm but to hot to hold on to for more than 4 seconds?. also check the 1uf cap located in this drive transformer curcuit
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

roel
New User

Dec 16, 2004, 5:45 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] NO Raster with high frequenzy sound heard [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Two things to check How was the hrizontal drive transformer any ring fractures around the solder joints, second a Sony flyback when about to fry will destroy the output but does it run hot? not the average warm but to hot to hold on to for more than 4 seconds?. also check the 1uf cap located in this drive transformer curcuit

Actually when i do the voltage checking on the HOT circuit everything looks fine.I guess my problem is when i replaced the defective HOT and screw the new HOT with the Heatsink is not tight enough because i found out later on when i removed it the HOT is a little bit loosed, probably because the new HOT is loosed the heatsink did not properly absorb the heat from the HOT.So again i replaced it with new HOT and so far after 1 day my TV is still working.Anyway thanks a lot to all of you guys.....

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)