Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Need Help

static
New User

Apr 9, 2005, 7:56 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1470 views)
Shortcut
Need Help Can't Post

I have a 3 year old 36" RCA TV Chass.#:CTC203CA5 Mod.#:F3669. When I turn on the tv I get a picture for about 20 seconds then I hear a loud snap, then no picture for about 5 more seconds. Then the picture comes back. I took off the cover and noticed that the ground on the flyback is arching against the casing of the flyback. The questions I have for anybody out there is: do I have to just change the flyback or would I have to also change the diodes that controls the amount of current and voltage to the flyback. If I have to change the diodes does anybody know which ones and where I may purchase them and a flyback. Also I have never replaced a flyback before, always stayed away from the red wire. I have only played with the basic type of stuff. Anybody know what the procedure is for replacing a flyback. Any feedback is helpful, Thanks

shadetree
Veteran

Apr 9, 2005, 8:34 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [static] Need Help [In reply to] Can't Post

just change the flyback

mel
Veteran

Apr 9, 2005, 11:30 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [static] Need Help [In reply to] Can't Post

Before unfastening the red wire from the back of the CRT, attach one end of an alligator clipped wire to the braided wire at the back of the CRT and the other end to a flat bladed screwdriver and run the screwdriver under the rubber cap on the CRT to discharge the residual high voltage stored there. After that, it is just a matter of unsoldering the flyback pins and the screen wire. The focus wire is a push in connection so you will have to open up the focus cage to disconnect it. You can order the new flyback from www.wehaveparts.com.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)