Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Need help with RCA 32" Tv, Dont know alot about tvs... Green tint...

Duffman0hy3a
New User

Jul 23, 2007, 12:23 AM

Post #1 of 7 (874 views)
Shortcut
Need help with RCA 32" Tv, Dont know alot about tvs... Green tint... Can't Post

ok so one of my friends gave me his old 32" RCA Twin Tuner PIP tv. Problem is that in the corners and almost all around the edge of the tv the color goes weeird with a blue, green, or purple tint. Is there any way i can fix this or is it permanent and should throw it away?

rrobor
Veteran

Jul 23, 2007, 11:12 AM

Post #2 of 7 (862 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Duffman0hy3a] Need help with RCA 32" Tv, Dont know alot about tvs... Green tint... [In reply to] Can't Post

Your issue is common on that model, it is the corner degauss circuit, have you checked that ???.

RetiredTVguy2
User

Jul 23, 2007, 11:46 AM

Post #3 of 7 (857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Duffman0hy3a] Need help with RCA 32" Tv, Dont know alot about tvs... Green tint... [In reply to] Can't Post

No it is not permanent, you need a degaussing coil, do you have one? if yes if that dont work then there is something wrong in the degause circuit.
----------------------------------------------------------
When everyone treats you bad, turn to your dog, he or she will understand!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I dont mind working, as long as it doesn't interfere with fishing!

Duffman0hy3a
New User

Jul 23, 2007, 2:13 PM

Post #4 of 7 (852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RetiredTVguy2] Need help with RCA 32" Tv, Dont know alot about tvs... Green tint... [In reply to] Can't Post

c im not a huge tv guy... how do i check the degaus thing? and how do i fix that?

HiTech
User

Jul 23, 2007, 7:58 PM

Post #5 of 7 (843 views)
Shortcut

Perhaps you can borrow a degaussing coil from a repair shop if you know someone there or they may charge you a small, nominal fee for the service provided you bring in the set to them! Some folks have had some luck with passing a magnet "near" the area of concern. That is tricky and often results in worsening or changing the color if anything! The alternating field of the degaussing coil works best and quickly. They can be purchased thru electronic supply houses for reasonable costs but unfortunately, they spend more time collecting dust for someone like you that would use it once in a blue moon. A tv service shop is a completely different story as it's a commonplace tool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degaussing
As you can see eBay sells plenty of them and you'd need the circular, ring type. You can always make the 1-time investment and try to recoup some of it by charging others you know who may experience the same problems in the future! http://search.ebay.com/degaussing_W0QQfnuZ1

mel
Veteran

Jul 23, 2007, 9:36 PM

Post #6 of 7 (837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HiTech] Need help with RCA 32" Tv, Dont know alot about tvs... Green tint... [In reply to] Can't Post

If you have an electric power drill, the ac in the motor will accomplish the same purpose . Just turn the drill on and move it in a circular motion around the face of the CRT and gradually move it away before turning it off. The thermistor in the degaussing circuit has probably failed and replacing it will permanently fix the problem.

HiTech
User

Jul 24, 2007, 1:02 PM

Post #7 of 7 (826 views)
Shortcut

Electric power drill? Never tried that one! I guess it could work for small problems. Just remember to remove the drill bit first!!Wink

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)