Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
No Control over my RCA F31665

MisfitClown
New User

Aug 23, 2004, 4:53 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1905 views)
Shortcut
No Control over my RCA F31665 Can't Post

I got a RCA 31" TV given to me... I got it home, plugged it in, pressed the power button, and got nothing... When I plugged it in I can hear the power getting to it, finally I just pressed all the buttons and it turned on using one of the volume buttons. if I press the channel up or down, the menu pops up, but the buttons just do random acts... Also there is no way to turn it off... The remote does nothing at all, but if I press the TV button the menu pops up, but nothing else works... Is this an easy fix, or cheap to have fixed... Please help.... Thanks in advance!

Ben

shadetree
Veteran

Aug 23, 2004, 4:13 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisfitClown] No Control over my RCA F31665 [In reply to] Can't Post

try taking the bottom off tuner and resolder tuner grounds

MisfitClown
New User

Aug 26, 2004, 5:37 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisfitClown] No Control over my RCA F31665 [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, after sitting around all night wondering, I decided to open things up and check it out more in depth. Come to find out the MENU button on the board itself was stuck, Still not sure if that would do it, I went in the bedroom where I have a 25" RCA tv, and tried holding the button down, sure enough, same out come. I put the tv back together and it works great. Thanks to all that replied. I am posting my out come, just incase this problem occurs elsewhere. I'm glad it was something this easy to fix. Again, thanks for the help.

Ben

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)