Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
No Power to RCA F19204WT TV

nickm
New User

Feb 11, 2003, 6:07 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3329 views)
Shortcut
No Power to RCA F19204WT TV Can't Post

TV Set will not turn on. Step A - When first plugged in nothing happens. As soon as the Power button is pressed, the relay continually clicks (once per second) but the TV doesn't turn on. I hear no noise other than the relay clicking. I press the power button off, but the relay still keeps clicking. I have to pull the plug for it to stop. If I plug it back in right away, it just keeps clicking. After waiting a long period of time, I can plug it in and go back to Step A. Talk about chasing my tail.

Any help will be appreciated.

Bobby Parks
New User

Feb 22, 2003, 10:12 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickm] No Power to RCA F19204WT TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you ever get any help on your problem ? Im having the same problem .

BL_Thompson
TV Repair Authority

Feb 25, 2003, 8:14 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3249 views)
Shortcut

Folks, it's not the relay. The relay clicking repeatedly indicates an over-current protection mode. Look for a shorted HOT or scan rectifier(s), and check the caps in the regulator circuit... could be an over-voltage condition also. I can be a bit more specific if you provide the chassis number.
-----------------------
Bryan Thompson
Spyder Byte Services
Albuquerque, NM

BL_Thompson
TV Repair Authority

Feb 26, 2003, 11:08 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3214 views)
Shortcut

Ok guys, this is the best I can do. The F19204 is a TX86 chassis circa 1995. Unfortunately, the service data is only available on paper. I only have CD-ROM based literature. I tried to find the HOT location number using Parts Finder, but it's apparently not listed... at least I couldn't find it.

The HOT will be located near the flyback transformer (that's the device with the thick red lead going to the picture tube). It will be mounted on a heat sink, will have 3 legs, and should have a number stamped on it beginning with 2SC, 2SD, or possibly BU.

You can check the HOT for a short with a DMM... most modern meters have a diode check function... use that. A short read between the base and emitter is normal. What you are looking for is a short emitter to collector.

Hope this helps...
-----------------------
Bryan Thompson
Spyder Byte Services
Albuquerque, NM

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)