Digdug123
New User

Jan 6, 2024, 6:06 PM

Post #1 of 1 (327 views)
Shortcut
ONN TV 65” backlight strip repair question Can't Post

Hi,

Appreciate any help on this.

I have an ONN Tv it’s 65”, model 100012587.

The backlight went out after 6 mos of owning the TV. The TV sound was working and could see tv icons using a flashlight.

Thankfully, ONN honored the warranty but rather than giving me a new TV, they just refunded the cost of the tv back to me. (Very simple process). Anyways , so I have this tv that doesn’t work and decided to get into it.

I think I found the issue, after tearing the tv down to the backlights, I tested all of the LED strips individually and they all worked fine. I then tested the connector strips (not sure what they are called) and only one of them worked as far as turning all of tue strips on at once. So I think the connector strip that was not working is the issue.

The problem I am facing is finding a replacement connector strip. It’s basically a ribbon type of board with 4 connectors soldered on and a 2 wire connector in the middle where you can connect the strip to the power supply board. Can I build a new one or where would I buy? Checked everywhere online but could not find this part.

Here is a video of the part in question.
https://youtube.com/shorts/RpcWxsP8DLE?si=gtghw6JYkt6MxrFK

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)