Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Older TV not cable ready..Need Help

jr70895
New User

Dec 14, 2004, 11:40 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1016 views)
Shortcut
Older TV not cable ready..Need Help Can't Post

My 75 year old mother has a brand new tv and will not use it, instead you insist on watching 20 year old console tv that her sister gave her but it does not pick up all the cable channels. She has Cox cable and pays for channels 2 thru 73 but her tv tuner only picks up to channel 41. It is not a dial type tuner but a digitial display showing the numbers using her reomte. The cable company wants an additional $10.00 per month for a cable box on top of their already high prices and she refuses to pay that or allow me to get it for her. Is there anything else that I can do to help with this problem short of renting the cable box. Someone told me that I needed to purchase a RF Modulator for around $30.00 and that would allow her to pick up all of the channels. But, from what I have read about the modulator it appears to me it is for connecting gaming devices. Will this work? Thanks for any help with this matter.

shadetree
Veteran

Dec 15, 2004, 1:24 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jr70895] Older TV not cable ready..Need Help [In reply to] Can't Post

an rf modulater won't do it a $40 vcr will or you can buy a cheap cable ready box from walmart for about $40-$50 but the vcr is the best bet & use the vcr tuner she may already have one

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.24 s on (CGI/1.1)