Only HDMI Port 1 is working ... but nothing else

zayne
New User

Sep 12, 2016, 12:06 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1836 views)
Shortcut
Only HDMI Port 1 is working ... but nothing else Can't Post

Greetings from New Zealand ...

I have a Samsung in NZ its the ( UA60H6300AS-XRD ) 2014 MODEL - H SERIES 60 inch AND I think in USA its the UN60H300 - EUROPE UE60H6300. When i start the TV the LED light near the IR keeps blinking like 3 times in red and takes around 5 secs for the TV to start, then it boots with the SMART TV logo. then the screen comes out blank / black and the TV doesn't respond to the remote buttons, only the ON/OFF works. Turning it off might take 3-5 seconds too. And the LED IR light always red, never saw it green?. If i click any of the remote buttons, then the TV won't respond at all. I disconnected everything from the back but still the same.

I tried to connect my laptop to the HDMI and i was surprised the it connected fine and the screen looks fantastic, with good resolution. NO Audio though . I connected the digital audio through my home theater and then i was able to hear the audio perfectly. But the audio on TV wasn't not working.

I switched off the TV while my laptop still on, then switched on back with the remote. It started and went thru straight to the HDMI source ( mylaptop). I tried to use different HDMI ports like 2 / 3/ 4 but none worked, also the 3 USB's all aren't working. No smart hub , cannot access the menu or anything. Its only HDMI 1 port working with no problems at all. All what i can do on the remote is on/off, nothing else.

I opened the TV and noticed that the T-con board BN CODE: BN41-02132A has 3 tiny LED blue lights and looked fine - nothing burnt of unusual . I disconnect all cables and connected them again to make sure no corrosion or dust stuck. I did all this for all cables. Still didn't work . The TV is very clean from inside and no dust and clean.

I checked the main board MODEL: BN41-02156 and not sure if everything is working or not, also disconnected the cables and connected them again and all looks good, no rust or dust or corrosion , i connected all again and the same thing, only was able to connect to the HDMI 1 port through my laptop nothing else.

I am not sure what is the problem, is it the Tcon or the main board that i need to replace ? I am sure the power supply board still ok because the TV works perfectly on HDMI 1 port and the display is just marvelous.

Will really appreciate your advice, i don't want to buy the main board and the Tcon board. What do you recommend ? Also found online similar main boards with model MODEL: BN41-02156 but the problem is that the listing mention that they are for different TVs ? Do you think that this can be used on my TV ? It looks exactly the same with same ports ...etc. But the sellers say is for another TV model. Thank you :). I don't want to replace any parts on the Tcon or the main board, i would prefer to replace any of them but not sure which one is faulty the tcon board or the main board.

Thank you Wink

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 12, 2016, 6:01 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zayne] Only HDMI Port 1 is working ... but nothing else [In reply to] Can't Post

Most likely Main board. Best to go with exact PART number match (on a sticker - NOT usually printed on PC board itself). May or may not be able to change settings in the Service Menu.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Sep 12, 2016, 6:06 PM)

zayne
New User

Sep 12, 2016, 10:42 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Only HDMI Port 1 is working ... but nothing else [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you and yes I believe it's the main board, first because the sound isn't working and the tcon is displaying images and videos on the screen through 1 of the hdmi ports.

Yeah noticed that the board number is bn94-07341R. But it doesn't exist in Google or anywhere else! It would be expensive to buy it from Samsung tho.

I found some used second hand ones online for 60 inch TV series 6 version HS01 but they end with E and A and B. Not sure what this letter stands for at the end.

Do you know what are these letters ? I think from different countries.

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 12, 2016, 11:34 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zayne] Only HDMI Port 1 is working ... but nothing else [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.samsung.com/...port/skp/faq/1052003

-------------------------

zayne
New User

Sep 13, 2016, 2:39 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Only HDMI Port 1 is working ... but nothing else [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you and this applies on the TV model number not the parts number. I called samsung locally in New Zealand and they told me that this part is discontinued and that there are no alternatives offered. What a bunch of crap, my tv is just 2 years old and they don't have spare parts for it.

After insisting , then the lady agreed that she will check with their head office and check if they can get this part.

Its just waste of money throwing my 60 inch TV in the bin which is just less 2 years old.

Thanks anyway, so i will be looking for alternatives or probably someone used the SERIES 6 H main boards on different TV's.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)