Orion COLOR 362 blue screen but still sound

pasco
New User

Dec 1, 2004, 9:14 PM

Post #1 of 11 (2203 views)
Shortcut
Orion COLOR 362 blue screen but still sound Can't Post

Hi 2gether!

First of all: you have a great forum! I hope to find some help here. I already used the search function, but couldn't find exactly something for my problem, well not for the make of my TV and the solutions were pretty specific...

I have a pretty old Model of an ORION TV, model is COLOR 362. It's very strange. The TV was ok but I put it away and now I'd liked to use it again...but then, I switched it on and there is still for some second the normal pic but then it suddenly goes into a blue screen! The sound is still there...and if I switch it off and wait for some minutes and switch it on again, there is the pic again, but only for some minutes.

I took it apart and resoldered some components and junctions, just took some by coincidence.. Angelic Then I tried it again, and the pic was stable for at least 30 minutes..but then it went blue again and now it's the same like before...after some seconds after switch it on, the pic go "crazy" and then to completely blue...sometimes with some lines on it...but generelly completely blue...

So I was looking on the net for a service manual, but I couldn't find anything...can somebody help me?! Or give me a tip? I guess it must be something little like a bad junction or a bad component...but what junction or component could that only be?!? As an TV-repair-novice I have no idea...any help is greatly appreciated!

Thx in advance!
--Pasco--

robertstv
New User

Dec 2, 2004, 1:33 PM

Post #2 of 11 (2191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pasco] Orion COLOR 362 blue screen but still sound [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like the picture tube is shorting out the blue gun. or try resolderding the blue video output transistor on the neck board.

pasco
New User

Dec 5, 2004, 9:23 PM

Post #3 of 11 (2176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robertstv] Orion COLOR 362 blue screen but still sound [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your help. But I'm really new to repairing TV Monitors...so could you help me some more please?

1) If it would be the picture tube thing - how could I repair it?

2) How can I find this transistor? I should have schematics, don't I? Do you know a source where I can get one for my make & model of TV?

Thanks so much for your help in advance,
--P@sco--

jeffsmith
New User

Dec 6, 2004, 7:27 PM

Post #4 of 11 (2173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pasco] Orion COLOR 362 blue screen but still sound [In reply to] Can't Post

I not sure about orion tv chassis,actually the colour transistor was fixed at board that fixed to crt.you can get it easily.remove the old solder,used sloder wick,than resolder again.some model transistor was

attach at main board,just follow the cable from crt board to the main board,you can find the transistor.

pasco
New User

Dec 9, 2004, 10:06 PM

Post #5 of 11 (2159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jeffsmith] Orion COLOR 362 blue screen but still sound [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I not sure about orion tv chassis,actually the colour transistor was fixed at board that fixed to crt.you can get it easily.remove the old solder,used sloder wick,than resolder again.some model transistor was

attach at main board,just follow the cable from crt board to the main board,you can find the transistor.

Hello!

Thx for your answers. But I can't find this color transitor... There are so many cables from the crt board to the main board...I resoldered each transistor on the crt-board (neck board). And some on the main board...but it's still the same problem...now it switch also off after 10 minutes or so.. :-( I don't know why.

But still: if I switch it on there is the state from this pic below:

After some seconds it looks like that:

and after some minutes it switchs off now ;-(

Any further tipps? Thx so much!!!

GreetZ,
Pasco

(This post was edited by pasco on Dec 9, 2004, 10:10 PM)

pasco
New User

Dec 27, 2004, 4:51 PM

Post #6 of 11 (2124 views)
Shortcut

I've found some schematics now...but it didn't really help me... :-(

Perhaps one of you guys can tell me now with the schematics, which transistor I have to resolder exactly?

Here are the schematics: http://pasco.homeip.net/tv/362.djvu

any help would be really greatly appreciated!
Thx in advance,
--Pasco--

mel
Veteran

Dec 28, 2004, 1:37 AM

Post #7 of 11 (2119 views)
Shortcut

Check the voltage on pin 11 on the CRT board. It should be around 150 volts. If not, unplug the board and check again. If the voltage reappears, the CRT is shorted and is unrepairable. If not, repost. I have to reinstall my Adobe Reader to check the schematic that you posted.

pasco
New User

Dec 30, 2004, 9:23 AM

Post #8 of 11 (2110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Orion COLOR 362 blue screen but still sound [In reply to] Can't Post

And where is Pin 11? I can't find it...there are only 7 Pins from the CRT...

Well the schematics file is no pdf file actually..and I can't convert it. Crazy
It's a so called "djvu" file. You need to install a little plugin for your browser from www.djvu.com. But it's that simple as pdf...

thx in advance for any further help..
-Pasco-

mel
Veteran

Dec 31, 2004, 12:05 AM

Post #9 of 11 (2103 views)
Shortcut

Looking at the CRT board, the top two pins are 9 and 10. The next pin clockwise is pin 11. The file that you reference is no help because it does not show the CRT schematic but if you trace across the resistor to pin 11 the other side will be connected to the connector of the blue output transistor.

pasco
New User

Jan 15, 2005, 7:25 PM

Post #10 of 11 (2084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Orion COLOR 362 blue screen but still sound [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Looking at the CRT board, the top two pins are 9 and 10. The next pin clockwise is pin 11. The file that you reference is no help because it does not show the CRT schematic but if you trace across the resistor to pin 11 the other side will be connected to the connector of the blue output transistor.

Hi, I'm back again - sorry for the long time away

I coudn't fix my tv problems, still..Frown

But I guess the problem is somewhere in that red wire from the crt to the mainboard or in that black box where the red wire goes into. Can you check my pics please and tell me, if that could have any sense with my blue-screen-problem?

Furthermore I took 2 pics of the rearside from my crt board...because I still haven't any idea where pin 11 is to find..

Thx so much in advance for any further help.
Pasco

robertstv
New User

Jan 25, 2005, 9:22 PM

Post #11 of 11 (2065 views)
Shortcut

check Q803 and R805 looks like heat damage poor sloder joint, check for solder bridge on Q803. test all transisters for short

Good luck

Robertstv

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)