Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic 27" No Picture with Sound

rjj21
New User

Jun 21, 2003, 12:13 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2227 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic 27" No Picture with Sound Can't Post

I have a Panasonic CT-27G34A with Chassis BP335 mfg in March of 1999. When first turned on the TV usually will produce no picture (completely black) but will have sound. After a 2 - 3 minute warm up the picture starts to display. Sometimes it will stay from that point on. However it often will drop to black then come back to picture randomly. Sometimes it will come on right away but the random drop out still occurs. Problem is usually worse at night. I have looked at the back of the TV with lights off and the yoke of the CRT is still glowing when the picture is black. Black picture happens on TV, VIDEO 1 and VIDEO 2 inputs. Changing channels/volume does not show any information on the screen when the picture is black.

Holding down power and action on the TV for three seconds generates a self test that displays:

Self Check TF-1

Memory OK CRT OK

PIP OK MTS Ok

TUNER1 OK TUNER2 OK

SOUND OK COMB OK

I have also accessed the service menu adjustment mode and documented all the settings for categories B, C, S, M and X if that helps anyone (I don't have a manual describing the settings).

Any thoughts or comments on the problem and how to repair it are appreciated.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)