Panasonic CT-32SF37SB CRT TV

rventena
New User

Feb 15, 2018, 11:31 PM

Post #1 of 4 (259 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic CT-32SF37SB CRT TV Can't Post

Hello, new here, my first post...

I have this old-ish 32-inch Panasonic CRT TV (made circa year 2000) which stopped working about 2 years ago. It's actually my dad's television which I have inherited since he passed away end of December.

What I recall is that it would turn on for a minute then it would turn off. Last I tried it would turn on for a second. The screen would sometimes have this horizontal line & it would make a buzzing noise. Seems like a common problem with CRT's, yes? My guess is that this may be a capacitor. Am I correct? I do know some electronics, but not in TV diagnostics.

It's been almost 2 years since I had opened it up & looked around but did not see any bulging caps or burn marks (or smells). This thing is big & heavy so sometimes that keeps me from working on it. It's been put back together & I have not re-opened it since.

I would love to find a service manual, and I have googled some hits on the model number, but I am leery of some these "download manual" websites.

Would like to get this TV working again, it will bring back 2 decades of memories watching on it (along with dad). I regret not fixing it when he was still alive in these last couple years.

Any help appreciated, thank you.

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 16, 2018, 1:21 AM

Post #2 of 4 (256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rventena] Panasonic CT-32SF37SB CRT TV [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.riddledtv.com/journal/Vertical/

https://www.samswebsite.com/...=Search&s=Search

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Feb 16, 2018, 1:34 AM)

rventena
New User

Feb 16, 2018, 2:57 AM

Post #3 of 4 (247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic CT-32SF37SB CRT TV [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Thanks, I will try resoldering. Incidentally, I had fixed a computer crt monitor that way a few years ago. The screen would go crazy if the chassis got bumped. I looked inside, found that the PCB was pretty thin, and so if I warped the circuit board a little bit, the screen would either go back to normal or go crazy (usually the same horizontal line symptom). When monitor was turned on, I kept warping the board (and looking at the screen at the same time) until I found the area on the board where I thought it was happening and then proceeded to resolder in that area. That monitor has been working normal ever since. With this TV, I was not sure where to look, I do not know what chips do what.

In Reply To

Hmm, that is for a 32SF37B, not SB. I wonder what the difference would be. I have seen another site where I can get the SB service manual for around $10, but I cannot remember the site name.

(This post was edited by rventena on Feb 16, 2018, 2:59 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 16, 2018, 3:56 AM

Post #4 of 4 (233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rventena] Panasonic CT-32SF37SB CRT TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Most likely LA78xx on a heat sink.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.24 s on (CGI/1.1)