Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic CT36HX42...

oceanview
New User

Mar 16, 2005, 7:14 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2285 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic CT36HX42... Can't Post

After 2yrs my Panny CT36HX42 has started to act up. It has blown a fuse every 2/3 weeks over the past 8 wks. This will be the 3rd fuse.

There are no funny noises, smells, picture problems when/before it happens. And it only happens when the TV is turned on.

After searching this forum, I'm surprised (probably shocked) to read about the amount of "shut off/no power" problems with Pannys; I never knew it was this bad. Are there a problem with their circuits or chassis?

I would appreciate any help /information.

Thank you....

tique53
New User

Mar 18, 2005, 7:36 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oceanview] Panasonic CT36HX42... [In reply to] Can't Post

are you using the same # of amps and volts as spec on the set? if you are not thats probably the cause of burned fuses at turned on.

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Mar 18, 2005, 9:54 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oceanview] Panasonic CT36HX42... [In reply to] Can't Post

Seen this a lot latley, what hapens is the degause thermiter stays on to long then after all other voltages stablise and this is still on it opens the fuse, replace the thermail with a RCA 207768 this cures the problem in most cases
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

oceanview
New User

Mar 19, 2005, 9:13 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] Panasonic CT36HX42... [In reply to] Can't Post

Tigue52; mikemaiertv;

thank you for the replies....it's appreciated.

this is the strangest thing I've come accross in a while...when most electronic things malfunction it's like always until it gets fixed...this just happens on a irregular basis...no specific time of day or activity; but what it common...is the time frame...approx 2 1/2 to 3 wks; and only when turning on.

I'll research that part number mike just to learn more...I did visit a TV repair shop and after describing the problem they showed me the part that is used the repair the Panny CT36SX series with their power off issuses. He was thinking I may need that...

Many thanks for the reply and just out of courosity have you come across other problems with my model; Panasonic CT36HX42?

Thanks again...

later...

(This post was edited by oceanview on Mar 19, 2005, 9:18 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)