Panasonic Plasma TV Issue

TX-PF50X20
New User

Dec 24, 2017, 3:23 PM

Post #1 of 5 (792 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic Plasma TV Issue Can't Post

Hi there !

Well i have a problem with a plasma tv model TX-PF50X20 i think its a model mainly sold in europe because i couldn't find more infos on US Forums. But it doesnt matter for the simple reason that the chassis might be shared with other panasonic tvs

So anyway i got that tv from a friend it wasn't working, so i plugged it and when i tried to turn it on. I had 7 blink code, i took out the back cover i found that something unplugged so the tv was already openned before me.

I tried to power it on again then i had the 10 blink code ! Considering im a car mechanic i did some continuity tests on the power board theres nothing special ! there is no puffy capacitors.

On a french forum someone told me that issue might from the SC board and he can send it to me for 160$ but this perso doesnt want to tell me how the check that SC board ( he may be afraid that if i found the problem i'll fix it my self ) i want to do a good diagnosis before spend any money in it !

here the back of the TV

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=152486teleplasma.jpg

here the power supply unit

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=896043carte.jpg

What do you people think about theses transformers in yellow ? Look like one is in bad shape ! I read on some forums that there is a thermal fuse in these coil packs where are the good point to control with the ohmmeter to check them?

any one can tell me how theses tvs works ?

Sorry for my bad english..

Thank you !

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 25, 2017, 12:06 AM

Post #2 of 5 (781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TX-PF50X20] Panasonic Plasma TV Issue [In reply to] Can't Post

TX-P50GT30B = GPF15DE
TX-PF50X20 = GPH13DE

-------------------------

TX-PF50X20
New User

Dec 25, 2017, 8:03 AM

Post #3 of 5 (775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic Plasma TV Issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you ! With that information i could find a service manual to repair it Smile im going to see what i can do with it

thanks again

TX-PF50X20
New User

Dec 27, 2017, 12:08 PM

Post #4 of 5 (742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic Plasma TV Issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

So finally i found an instruction repair but i have only the electrical wiring of thoses boards.

I would like to have the values of each components to test them with an ohmmeter im saying that because i would like to check all "RF1501" on SS board. Looks like they are voltage regulators they are probably out because of over heating...

Thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Dec 27, 2017, 9:00 PM

Post #5 of 5 (735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TX-PF50X20] Panasonic Plasma TV Issue [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.mouser.com/...f1501ns3s-310999.pdf

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.24 s on (CGI/1.1)