Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic TC-50PS14 Plasma Picture Issue

scn101
New User

Jul 9, 2018, 5:34 PM

Post #1 of 2 (768 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TC-50PS14 Plasma Picture Issue Can't Post

Strange picture issue with a friend's TV that he's asked me to look at. No LED blinks (solid red). Issue occurs on all inputs and antenna. At first I figured it was the "A" board where all the digital signal processing is done but I swapped out the A board with one from eBay, no change at all. Could be a second defective A board but unlikely I guess.

Reseated all connectors to no avail. The picture is always perfect the full width so I don't suspect the column drivers. I'm thinking it could be the SU/SD row drivers but I don't see how so many would be on there way out. I was thinking maybe the SC board but not sure. Or the panel has gone bad. Any ideas?

You can see the symptom here. Ignore my buddy mumbling in the background.

https://1drv.ms/...8qgf0rXK4y0RD64Zp7Mg

(This post was edited by scn101 on Jul 14, 2018, 5:21 PM)

scn101
New User

Jul 14, 2018, 5:16 PM

Post #2 of 2 (739 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scn101] Panasonic TC-50PS14 Plasma Picture Issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Definitely wasn't the A Board.

I replaced the row buffers which are the SU and SD boards and the TV now functions normally.

Also replaced the 1400uF 220V cap on the P power board as it was starting to bulge. Just a precaution as the old cap was still within spec.

So the repair set me back well less than $100, not bad to keep a TV from the landfill. And I'm still a bigger fan of plasma vs lcd making the repair all the more worthwhile.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.24 s on (CGI/1.1)