Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic TV won't turn on.

Razor605
New User

Jun 26, 2009, 2:28 AM

Post #1 of 13 (4340 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TV won't turn on. Can't Post

OK so here it goes.... about 5 days ago I noticed a flat screen TV close to my house porch. My neighbor said it wasn't his so I decided to take it, considering that I have to settle for 30' "FAT" screen. But it was raining for two days before. So I did everything I could to dry (took it apart, separate the boards and "hung them to dry". Yesterday I put it back together and tried to turn it on. First I heard the screen turning on and then I heard high pitched sound and everything shot off. Later I took a look at the board with three processor looking things (don't know what's its name is). I noticed that some of the pins were bended and connected to one another and one of then didn't touch the board at all. So many hours of microscopic work later I was satisfied with it and plugged it in again. This time it turned on, I saw no picture but I heard the "snow" noise. Unplugged and plugged it back in but the power button didn't respond only after the 100th time I pressed it the front LED turned red and stayed on but the TV didn't start and wouldn't turn off. What should I do?

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2009, 2:57 AM

Post #2 of 13 (4323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Razor605] Panasonic TV won't turn on. [In reply to] Can't Post

I found a Panasonic TV with no model # on my front yard and I want help in getting it repaired!

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 26, 2009, 3:51 AM

Post #3 of 13 (4318 views)
Shortcut

I'd contact the authorities - somebody may be looking for their "stolen" TV.Wink

30 foot "FAT" screen???

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jun 26, 2009, 3:52 AM)

Razor605
New User

Jun 26, 2009, 4:02 AM

Post #4 of 13 (4313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic TV won't turn on. [In reply to] Can't Post

The TV is messed up it has cracks on the case and scratches like it was dragged on concrete, that seems possible considering that thing weights a ton. And by FAT I mean one of those old ones with tube with round screen. :)

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 26, 2009, 4:05 AM

Post #5 of 13 (4311 views)
Shortcut

But 30' (thirty feet) - that's a pretty good sized room you would have to have set in...

techchris
Veteran

Jun 26, 2009, 6:23 AM

Post #6 of 13 (4309 views)
Shortcut

it was dumped because it probably has an incurable or expensive fault. dont waste your time with it

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 27, 2009, 8:58 AM

Post #7 of 13 (4294 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] Panasonic TV won't turn on. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes contact the police, it may be dumped but it may be stolen. If you keep it the charge can be Theft by finding. But If the cops catch you with it and you didnt tell them , do you think they will believe you found it? Cripes its a bashed up TV, dont take these risks.

Razor605
New User

Jun 27, 2009, 9:48 PM

Post #8 of 13 (4284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Panasonic TV won't turn on. [In reply to] Can't Post

Listen i live in a quite neighborhood where everybody knows each other and something like a tv theft wouldn't have been noticed. The TV was dumped in front of my house because the owner or owners got tired of hauling that thing. Now I finally managed to turn the thing on but I only hear noise and don't see a picture any help there?

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2009, 11:06 PM

Post #9 of 13 (4280 views)
Shortcut

No model # on tv means someone probably removed it because it has been stolen and has been dumped in your area! We are trying to give you good advice, but you don't seem to be listening!

Razor605
New User

Jun 28, 2009, 5:18 AM

Post #10 of 13 (4268 views)
Shortcut

Fine since you guys are so persistent the model number is CT36HX42F manufactured back in 2002. And I recently figured out that my Flyback transformer or cord might not be working so I want to replace it with one from another TV is that possible or SAFE?

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 28, 2009, 1:48 PM

Post #11 of 13 (4264 views)
Shortcut

Make sure the numbers on the replacement flyback MATCH the numbers on the original.

The cord (presuming you mean AC Power Cord), No problem replacing from any other set presuming the "Polarily" (that white / raised line down one conductor - Make sure the "WIDE" blade matches the wide blade), "Wire gauge," etc. is same (Color NOT important for its functioning).

Sorry to hear about your bad neighbors/neighborhood

... something like a tv theft wouldn't have been noticed.

Razor605
New User

Jun 28, 2009, 4:43 PM

Post #12 of 13 (4261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic TV won't turn on. [In reply to] Can't Post

"quote" my bad that was a type-o I meant to write "WOULD have been noticed" I was really sleepy when I was writing that.

rrobor
Veteran

Jun 29, 2009, 6:48 AM

Post #13 of 13 (4246 views)
Shortcut

All I tried to do was tell you you are breaking the law, now you assume its dumped and someone else broke the law, but to risk a criminal charge unless you have already been convicted of one, for a bashed up TV is nuts in my opinion. If it was dumped chances are its for a reason. I have taken TVs to the tip and found someone bring them in for repair, chances are your TV is A stolen or B dumped because the repair would cost too much.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)