Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic TX-68PS20A GP3 chassis. No NTSC-M option?

phreak97
New User

Oct 12, 2015, 7:51 AM

Post #1 of 8 (2387 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TX-68PS20A GP3 chassis. No NTSC-M option? Can't Post

Hello,
I have a Panasonic TX-68PS20A 68cm (29") Television with a GP3 chassis. (Australian PAL model)
The documentation I have found online says that the gp3 chassis supports VHF PAL-B/G and NTSC-M. However my tv doesnt support M audio. It just tunes the video and gives white noise through the audio since it's looking for B audio even though it's displaying ntsc video just fine.
I have found no options for this in any of the service menus I've accessed. Am I missing something?
I don't mind if I have to reflash something to make this work.
Here is the pdf which I read the specs from, it's not for this model but a similar one with a gp3 chassis. http://elektrotanya.com/cgi-bin/download2.cgi?uid=37145&cid=1417425157&fid=117149&file=panasonic_tx-29psxx_gp-3.pdf&x=26&y=30

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 12, 2015, 8:34 AM

Post #2 of 8 (2384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phreak97] Panasonic TX-68PS20A GP3 chassis. No NTSC-M option? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have found no options for this in any of the service menus I've accessed. Am I missing something?

That's because they are in the Customer realm - NOT Service.

It's not for this model but a similar one supposedly with a gp3 chassis. Should prove my point though.
http://www.manualslib.com/...c-29p22r.html?page=1

-------------------------

phreak97
New User

Oct 13, 2015, 9:53 PM

Post #3 of 8 (2366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic TX-68PS20A GP3 chassis. No NTSC-M option? [In reply to] Can't Post

It'll be embarrassing if that sound sys option is there on my tv but I'm quite sure it's not. The rest of the menu is identical to that manual though.
I'll post back tonight.
Thanks

phreak97
New User

Oct 14, 2015, 11:14 AM

Post #4 of 8 (2356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [phreak97] Panasonic TX-68PS20A GP3 chassis. No NTSC-M option? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah I was right, that option is missing. It goes straight from manual tune to colour system.
Could it be one of the chk1 options to add it to the user menu? Theyre pretty much all that I cant find an explaination of.

I'm very keen to get this working, even if I have to reprogram something on the chassis or replace the tuner or both.. Even a manual switch would be fine by me.
Just not sure where I stand at the moment.

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 14, 2015, 12:29 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2353 views)
Shortcut

Entering or making changes in service mode by untrained persons can cause significant and permanent damage to your television. If you are not qualified to service your television, please DO NOT ENTER these service menu codes.

IF you have changed settings contained in the TV's SERVICE MENUS, then I'll need to see a list of each parameter and value, Especially the one(s) whos' values you've changed and what those values were before you changed them. (CHK1 MODE TABLE and YES these can add/remove options from the customer menus)(Values of CHK1 table in should be programed, exactly as described in the table. - Now all you need is the Table for YOUR set.)(An EEPROM Map for YOUR set might also suffice.)

And if that cannot be done because you didn't think to record them (Should be a no-brainer in these days of cameras in phones in your pocket), than I will take this into account for the following question.

Was the sound option available in the CUSTOMER menus BEFORE you changed option(s) in the SERVICE menu?

You could try a replacement EEPROM and hope that restores, but that's a 'Hail Mary' at best. (If you have a second EXACT same TV, you could read its EEPROM and write to corrupted one).

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Oct 14, 2015, 1:45 PM)

phreak97
New User

Oct 14, 2015, 9:44 PM

Post #6 of 8 (2336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic TX-68PS20A GP3 chassis. No NTSC-M option? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have some training, you dont need to worry about that.
I haven't changed anything that I dont know the function of.
This tv never had that option, I'm just trying to add it.
Panasonic seem to have removed the Audio carrier adjustment from all australian models, I have a plasma tv from 2008 which is also locked to b/g.
What can the chk1 data change? Would it be reasonably safe to record my settings then change them to ones from another model tv with the same tube?

phreak97
New User

Oct 17, 2015, 8:02 AM

Post #7 of 8 (2319 views)
Shortcut

Anyone?

phreak97
New User

Aug 10, 2020, 10:32 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1250 views)
Shortcut

Five years on, I still need a solution for this :(

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)