Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic Viera TC-L50EM60 Power/Display Issues

Hook
New User

Feb 12, 2019, 10:43 PM

Post #1 of 1 (745 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic Viera TC-L50EM60 Power/Display Issues Can't Post

This is first post on this forum, so bear with me.

I have a Panasonic Viera that I purchased for about $900CAD around 2013. It worked great up until around early 2017 after which it started to show this issue but seldom.
Occasionally when powered up it would start showing the image but very distorted with horrible colors in vertical bars, within a few seconds it would self power cycle before powering back up and returning to normal operation.
This did not bother me until around June 2018 when it would take around 10 minutes of power cycling/doing wacky things before working properly.
Now as of February 2019 it will do this for at least 45 Minutes before working properly.

I have also noticed in this case that the TV works fine up until a more complicated image is displayed. In which it will start the power cycling thing.

Any help is appreciated I am a bit of an electronics nut, so considering how much i paid for this TV originally, i would be willing to crack it open and attempt to repair it.

I just need help with the diagnosis.

I suspect it may be the power supply. It was a display model at the store i bought it from, and it has many hours on it on top of that.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)