Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Panasonic th50pz85u half of screen not working

65caliente
New User

Sep 11, 2015, 8:30 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1279 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic th50pz85u half of screen not working Can't Post

Hello, I am trying to determine what board (most likely the A or D) is bad in my TV. The problem my plasma (th 50pz85u) has is the right half of the screen does not work. The side that does work has a blue tint to it in the picture. The sound works fine. What does this sound like to you guys? THanks

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 11, 2015, 9:14 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [65caliente] Panasonic th50pz85u half of screen not working [In reply to] Can't Post

NOT A

http://elektrotanya.com/...du.pdf/download.html

-------------------------

65caliente
New User

Sep 11, 2015, 9:43 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic th50pz85u half of screen not working [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the response and the great troubleshooting guide! Here's hoping that it is the D board, all the examples they gave (pictures) didn't exactly fit my problem as the right half of the screen is completely black but they did say that any problems with the entire right or left half of screen were the D board.

(This post was edited by 65caliente on Sep 11, 2015, 9:43 PM)

65caliente
New User

Sep 17, 2015, 10:42 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic th50pz85u half of screen not working [In reply to] Can't Post

So an update. I changed out the D board for another one from shopjimmy. Still having the same problem. I went into the service menu and ran the test patterns and they are all showing up perfectly. This leads me to believe that the A board is the problem. I also made sure all the connections including the panel ribbon cables were cleaned and seated. Any thoughts? At this point the troubleshooting manual is of no help.

65caliente
New User

Sep 18, 2015, 6:42 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1229 views)
Shortcut
Re: [65caliente] Panasonic th50pz85u half of screen not working [In reply to] Can't Post

Another update Turns out that a couple wires were pulled out of the connector in the LVDS cable. I had a sense that it was a communication problem between the A and D boards. Anyways hopefully this helps somebody.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)