Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Pansonic Viera TX L37E30B LCD TV T-Con Connection Problem

Crit1calMass
New User

Sep 9, 2017, 4:15 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2300 views)
Shortcut
Pansonic Viera TX L37E30B LCD TV T-Con Connection Problem Can't Post

I've got a Pansonic Viera TX L37E30B LCD TV with a problem with the t-con ribbon connectors: during a move, the TV took a bang and half the screen was subsequently showing only vertical lines. When I opened the back to take a look, I saw that the ribbon on the same side that is showing the vertical lines had been knocked loose. It doesn't just 'plug' back in; indeed, it looks as though the slot it should slip into is broken and doesn't grip the ribbon properly, nor does there seem to be a way of 'closing' the connection, by closing a plastic grip on the ribbon. Careful placement of the ribbon into the proper slot for testing purposes gets rid of the vertical lines, but its replaced by a blank white half screen, whilst the other half is OK.

The only reason I know anything about this is by watching YouTube Vids; I don't know the names of the components and don't know if you can replace the part that looks broken

It looks to me as though the Screen & Backplate are riveted together and you cannot open it to replace the plastic housing that the T-Con ribbon should connect to. This is on a right angle at the top of the backplate, into a plastic housing just behind the backplate. It's obvious that the plastic housing and grip is chipped and broken, which is why it won't hold the T-Con ribbon.

Is this right? Is there something I can do to fix it, or is it only good for spare parts?

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 9, 2017, 9:22 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2294 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Crit1calMass] Pansonic Viera TX L37E30B LCD TV T-Con Connection Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Pictures?!?!

IF the bad connector is part of the Tcon board, the easiest way is to replace the board. BOTH Upper connectors are usually operated in the exact same manner.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/...37E30B-/332192725659

IF the bad 'connector' is on the opposite end of the upper two ribbons that plug into the upper two connectors on the Tcon board, then you'll likely need a new PANEL.. Good luck obtaining & soldering in a replacement connector if is a plug-in type ... IF is a bonded type connection, forget it.

-------------------------

Crit1calMass
New User

Sep 10, 2017, 1:46 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Pansonic Viera TX L37E30B LCD TV T-Con Connection Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's a not great pic

It's the other end of the ribbons from the T-con board, into the 'Panel,' I guess; in a gap between the screen & the riveted backplate that all the accessible electronics are fixed to. It doesn't look like you can get in there to change it, but I wondered if I was missing a trick: it's just a small plastic holder for the end of the T-Con ribbon, at the other end from the T-con board

I suspect you're right & it's not accessible

Thanks for your reply

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)