Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Philips 21PT166A - Anubis AAC. No Pic / No CRT Heaters

luke-
New User

Apr 9, 2020, 12:18 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1016 views)
Shortcut
Philips 21PT166A - Anubis AAC. No Pic / No CRT Heaters Can't Post

Hey Everyone, been a longtime since i was last on here and have forgotton my original login details so made a new account.

I have my Childhood Philips 21PT166A that had been sitting dead in the attic for a few years. The original problem with it was the Loptx began arcing and took out the BUT11AF in the power supply and two of the brige recifiers and the mains fuse, Replaced them all including the Loptx and the set now comes on and seems to be operating normally (responding to rc commands etc) but there is now picture, no osd nothing. the CRT heaters are not glowing in it.

Line out stage voltages are correct.

The CRT is not bad as I've checked. the Supply voltage to the tube board is present on Pin 4 L4.

Anyone any ideas what could be going on?

Hopeing anyone can help me get this set going again.

Thanks

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 9, 2020, 3:51 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luke-] Philips 21PT166A - Anubis AAC. No Pic / No CRT Heaters [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd unplug the CRT board and using a continuity or ohm meter measure between pins 4 & 5 on the BOARD (NOT the CRT socket).
If you read an open circuit, you have one or more of the following defective:
1) An open trace or wire (especially at Pin 9 or 10 of 5445)
2) 5235 Coil
3) 3235 Resistor
4) 1235 Fuse

When set is operating normally, connecting an active signal to a working input should produce Audio.
Otherwise you are probably missing a B+ source.

-------------------------

luke-
New User

Apr 9, 2020, 4:28 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Philips 21PT166A - Anubis AAC. No Pic / No CRT Heaters [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much, after your suggestions i found that Pin 1 M6 (connected to Pin 9 of the LOPT) wasnt making contact with the board, fixed that and now the heaters are running however theres vertical collapse

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 10, 2020, 7:11 PM

Post #4 of 5 (976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luke-] Philips 21PT166A - Anubis AAC. No Pic / No CRT Heaters [In reply to] Can't Post

Pin 6 of flyback and its components supply B+ to vertical IC (4700 pin #6).

-------------------------

luke-
New User

Apr 10, 2020, 7:44 PM

Post #5 of 5 (973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Philips 21PT166A - Anubis AAC. No Pic / No CRT Heaters [In reply to] Can't Post

a few things have happend since i last posted,

I fixed the vertical (replaced teh vertical height control pot and resolved vertical IC)

I got tje picture back, then after putting the board back the backcover put some tension on the board and now ive lost picture, i get a full screen of flyback lines if i turn up the G2 slightly but no picture or osd, my +5B is is now 9.1v?

Ive no idea what to do to restore the picture, can you help?

Here's a Video of the screen with teh G2 up slightly jsut so you get an idea of whats going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4L0ygwHl7w&feature=youtu.be

Cheers
Luke

(This post was edited by luke- on Apr 10, 2020, 7:45 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)