Philips 28" Widescreen Picture Problems

buffysummas
New User

Mar 14, 2005, 9:10 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1035 views)
Shortcut
Philips 28" Widescreen Picture Problems Can't Post

Hi,

I am new at this, so please forgive me if I sound naive. I have a Philips 28" Widescreen TV and I have picture problems when playing Region 1 NTSC DVDs on my DVD player. Vertical images at the top of the screen are not straight. For example, on a Star Wars DVD a lightsaber does not go straight up. Towards the top of it, towards the top of the screen, it will be wavey. I do not have this problem with Region 2 UK PAL DVDs. The Philips TV I have is supposed to be able to play NTSC. The image is not in black or white or anything, it is in colour. It is just at the top vertical lines do not appear straight.

I have tried plugging my scart leads into the EXT 1 and EXT 2 ports. I have also tried plugging my DVD player into the EXT 3 port, but nothing helps. When I select SUPERWIDE on my TV the image is fine, but I'm guessing this is because some of the image at the top is cut off. When I go into 4:3 I can see that where the lines of the image meet the black bars on the left and right of the screen are not straight at the top, they veer to the left.

Please help! Unsure

Many thanks

(This post was edited by buffysummas on Mar 14, 2005, 9:14 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)