Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Philips 28 inch wide screen

fetharna
New User

Mar 24, 2005, 2:07 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1528 views)
Shortcut
Philips 28 inch wide screen Can't Post

Fellow repairers of tv equipment. At present I'm in possession of a 28 inch "Philips" TV, Model 28PW6005/05. The monster refuses to display a picture. at switch-on i can hear what sounds like two 'chatters' from an internal relay followed about 10 seconds later by a white line across the screen (about 1 inch from top of screen) otherwise the screen is entirely black. Switching on and off doesnt help. Sometimes i may get a picture but its is terribly intermittent. i dont have any hair left with this one i'm afraid. Will some intelligent serviceman out there in cyberspace come to my rescue. i'm about to jump in the nearest river. Our river is infested with the bodies of other tv servicemen who couldnt take it anymore

kassy
New User

Mar 29, 2005, 9:10 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1501 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fetharna] Philips 28 inch wide screen [In reply to] Can't Post

First you have to check CRT.While TV works, conect for a short moment R gun to ground by wire.If CRT is OK entire screen have to glare in red colour.Don`t worry if TV switch off, it normaly because you open CRT full and beam current limiter will switch off the set.Switch the set on again and check G and B guns.They behaviour have to be similar like R gun.If it is not CRT have bad emission and TV set is for rubbish.If it is not, suspicious is micro controller like almost every Philips`s chassis A10.

fetharna
New User

Mar 29, 2005, 8:07 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kassy] Philips 28 inch wide screen [In reply to] Can't Post

Kassy thanks for replying. while i note what your saying, I'm 100% certain there's nothing wrong with the tube's emission. yes de t'v's 'brain' could be suffering the early stages of Alzeheimers. if i find out what's wrong I'll let you know. in the meantime. Chow for now.

kassy
New User

Mar 30, 2005, 7:20 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fetharna] Philips 28 inch wide screen [In reply to] Can't Post

I will be very glad if you tell me what was wrong in those "monster" set.Since you post I thought that no Philips set could surprise me.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.34 s on (CGI/1.1)