Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Philips 43PUS6401/12 Rebooting

FireFury
New User

Dec 14, 2020, 11:50 PM

Post #1 of 1 (915 views)
Shortcut
Philips 43PUS6401/12 Rebooting Can't Post

My Philips 43PUS6401/12 has started randomly rebooting after its been turned on for a while (sometimes a few minutes, sometimes a couple of hours).

It'll be working fine, then suddenly the screen goes black, Philips logo appears and then the Android boot animation. Usually the boot animation freezes and it goes into a reboot loop.

If I disconnect and reconnect the power, it seems to boot up ok, but usually starts rebooting again after a few minutes.

Since it seems to remain pretty unstable after it initially crashes (even after power cycling it), compared to when its first turned on, I'm wondering if it might be triggered by a component getting warm, but not sure how to identify the faulty component.

I suspect it isn't software related since it doesn't look like its had a firmware update since last year. I have tried using the "reinstall" option in the settings menu to reset to factory settings yesterday. It did initially seem stable after resetting, but now its back to rebooting randomly. Of course I can't guarantee that it hasn't automatically installed some software updates from the Play store after I reset it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)