Philips 50PFL3908/F7 - Screen Issue Help

igor561
New User

Jun 22, 2016, 9:50 PM

Post #1 of 2 (790 views)
Shortcut
Philips 50PFL3908/F7 - Screen Issue Help Can't Post

Greetings from South Florida,

Im new to these forums. I recently started messing with electronics and fixed my own LG 47' TV for under $150 by replacing the whole motherboard in the back.

I am looking to buy another TV and try to repair it myself. A 50' Philips 50PFL3908/F7 - however this one has actual damage to the screen, no exterior cracks, all the issues are on the interior. Can anyone able to tell me if replacing the motherboard will solve this issue, or will I have to buy led strips and replace those as well?

I attached a few pictures. Thanks in advance! Smile

photo image_zpsw2jjicbx.png

photo image_zpsxv6e4z16.png

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 23, 2016, 2:46 AM

Post #2 of 2 (783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [igor561] Philips 50PFL3908/F7 - Screen Issue Help [In reply to] Can't Post

47 and 50 foot. Do you live in a building that has walls that large?

Greetings from South Florida,

Im new to these forums. I recently started messing with electronics and fixed my own LG 47' TV for under $150 by replacing the whole motherboard in the back.

I am looking to buy another TV and try to repair it myself. A 50' Philips 50PFL3908/F7 - however this one has actual damage to the screen, no exterior cracks, all the issues are on the interior. Can anyone able to tell me if replacing the motherboard will solve this issue, or will I have to buy led strips and replace those as well?

I attached a few pictures. Thanks in advance! Smile

Anyway, You won't know or be able to determine if you will need either a motherboard or LEDs until you've replaced the panel. IF you can find one, it will have LEDs already inside, but I have my doubts you'll like the price or availability.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)