Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Philips 60PFL6008S/12 with broken SSB

MrK
New User

Jun 4, 2021, 10:01 AM

Post #1 of 3 (835 views)
Shortcut
Philips 60PFL6008S/12 with broken SSB Can't Post

I have this Philips 60PFL6008S/12 with what I expect a broken SSB. Several years back it started to have problems with starting up - it would only start giving picture after several minutes warming up (audio was fine before) and every now and then it would get in a mode where it would not get out of standby. This got worse and worse until it didn't startup at all anymore. Then I replaced it, but couldn't get myself to throw away the nice big display, so it ended up "in storage".

Now, I read that the main issue with this model is the BGA and some months ago did an attempt at heating it to possibly get the balls contacting again ... needless to say that didn't help - and knowing my poor skills might have made it worse ...

Now, I would be totally happy if I could have a single HDMI input to feed 1080p to the nice screen. So, does anyone have any idea how I could replace the broken SSB by something to drive the LC600EUD-FEF2 panel (with 2 connectors) so that I get a single HDMI signal on it?

Thanks in advance for any info,
K

mikelalonde
New User

Jun 11, 2021, 12:59 AM

Post #2 of 3 (815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrK] Philips 60PFL6008S/12 with broken SSB [In reply to] Can't Post

These forums are dead... no support.

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 25, 2021, 1:12 AM

Post #3 of 3 (695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikelalonde] Philips 60PFL6008S/12 with broken SSB [In reply to] Can't Post

NOT dead - on Life Support!

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)