Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Philips 60" TV wont power on, 2 blink LED - Please help!

lassek1981
New User

May 20, 2020, 9:35 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1277 views)
Shortcut
Philips 60" TV wont power on, 2 blink LED - Please help! Can't Post

How it happened:

We sat at the office and looking through the door of the living room where the tv is. We immediately noticed huge grey lines going through the picture. They were vertical.
When I noticed I rushed to the tv set and turned it off. After that I would not turn on again.

It has been without power for more than 24h several times. Same result.

I have a white LED blinking twice every 3 sec.

A quick google on some error codes got me to this:
Error code 2, Error description: Horizontal protection / Vertical protection
Defective item: 7460, 7461, 7462, 7463, 7467, 7861, vlot aux +13V

Please note that this is uncertain if I interpreted the error code correct or it may not apply for my tv.
Here is the source:

https://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/2013/08/blinking-codes-error-codes-fault.html

BUT the error code however does mention “vertical protection” which does relate to the grey big lines vertical on the tv before it went off last time. But keep in mind it might be a coincidence.

Here are some data on the TV set:

Philips 60”: Unable to determine model, I don’t have the box anymore! I cannot see it on the tv or inside the tv, maybe im overlooking it?
Power supply: FSP226-4FS1
Logic board: Unable to determine. Picture can be sent.

Please help! What can it be? What should I troubleshoot and or investigate to fix it? Should I unhook wires and plugs? Can I measure anything with a multimeter? (I have one) There was some dirt and small mosquitoes in the tv I will clean to begin with.

I can provide more pictures if needed.

Best regards

Lasse Kristensen

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)