Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Philips LCD 42PFL7762D/12 - I have a problem and I need help.

enesture
New User

Oct 12, 2009, 8:11 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1733 views)
Shortcut
Philips LCD 42PFL7762D/12 - I have a problem and I need help. Can't Post

Hello,

I have a Philips 42PFL7762D/12 and a Philips DVD Player (with HDMI cable), a Satellite Receiver (with Scart cable) and my desktop computer (Geforce GTX275 with DVI to HDMI cable) plugged to LCD TV. After a month it broke down. There was electricity bu absolutely no display. The authorized service replaced the SSB Board and everything was OK. But after about 35 days, today it broke down again with exactly same symptoms. %99 it is SSB Board again. So here are my questions?

1) What is SSB Board and what makes it breaks down?
2) This TV is FULL HD but supports 1366x768 resolutions as PC Monitor; but I run it as HDTV with 1980x1080 and I get clear image with no problem. I watched many HD movies with this configuration although it doesn't support 1980x1080 as PC Monitor. Could it damage that board with time?
3) Can it be a electricity problem?
4) Can the cable (HDMI to DVI gold plated cable) that I'm using damage the board?
5) Or am I just unlucky?

Thanks for your interests...

techchris
Veteran

Oct 12, 2009, 8:51 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [enesture] Philips LCD 42PFL7762D/12 - I have a problem and I need help. [In reply to] Can't Post

in a short sentence its the name on the front .Philips will only give you grief and pain till you dump it, as I and many others have said before on this site. sorry you didnt do your research before you bought it but next time hopefully.

RNS-Systems
New User

Oct 14, 2009, 10:07 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [enesture] Philips LCD 42PFL7762D/12 - I have a problem and I need help. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,
An SSB board is the signal board. The one with video inputs HDMI, etc. On plasma and LCD these boards often have a processor similar to a video card on a computer.

It is possible that it is related to a power problem.

You can probably change your self faily cheap. Check E-bay and www.RNS-Systems.com for the SSB board make sure they have an image and it is identical to your ssb board.
Steve
www.RNS-Systems.com

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)