Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Phillips turns off

kend1606
New User

Apr 19, 2005, 3:45 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1892 views)
Shortcut
Phillips turns off Can't Post

I have a Phillips CCX252AT32 that works well except that it turns off unexpectedly. Setting the sleep timer does not stop it from turning off without cause. The alarm and all other menu options have been reset through the reset menu option. There doesn't seem to be any logic to the timing for these power off conditions. Sometimes 5-10 minutes, sometimes 30-45 minutes. If turned back on immediately, power off happens more quickly. If left off for an hour, TV may stay on for 30 minutes. Heat buildup on some component? Might there be an internal reset switch if the cover was removed? I sure hate to just throw a perfectly good TV away for something that might be repairable. Thanks for any help, Ken

shadetree
Veteran

Apr 19, 2005, 9:31 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kend1606] Phillips turns off [In reply to] Can't Post

replace voltage regulator ic and ck for bad solder connections on larger resistors

wayne boyd
New User

Apr 20, 2005, 9:23 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1872 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Phillips turns off [In reply to] Can't Post

please give more info
becouse alot of peaple dont know what that is.
could it be swicth-mode reg
or lm7805 or lm7809
or even 3.3vdd2 zenor diode.
circuite ref would be nice.
ive been repairing sets for 10years got rearlly good at this apart from my bad spelling, laugh haha
anyway we need to keep it simple and easy for peaple to understand and if so give them contacts who can help them or supply parts. lets just be nice.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)