Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Picture Issue!

pdb019
New User

May 20, 2005, 5:43 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1361 views)
Shortcut
Picture Issue! Can't Post

I was hoping someone out there could help me fix a Pioneer SD-P4552. The TV has not been used for almost 4 years...kind of in storage. I have never had any problems with it before I put it in storage. The picture if fine, until the TV harms up. The picture goes away...completely. Where can I start?? What is the reason for the picture to go blank. I can turn the TV on and off and the picture will come back briefly...but the go blank again. HELP!!!

kuhurdler
User

May 20, 2005, 12:45 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by kuhurdler [In reply to]

minehunter
User

May 20, 2005, 1:47 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kuhurdler] Picture Issue! [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't turn up the screen voltage at all. Pioneers are famous for bad solder connections.

Locate the horizontal drive transformer and check the solder connections on it. I'd almost bet that they are cracked around the legs. The transformer is located on the right hand circuit board just past the heat sink that runs across the board. it's usually enclosed in gray plastic and about a 1 inch cube in size. You can check this by turning on the set and by using a screw driver handle just lightly tap around that transformer. If the picture flashes on and off that is your culprit.

This is for just about anybody that wants to listen. Don't mess with the screen voltages on any projection set unless you know what you are doing. It's the surest way in the world to mess up the gray scale on the set and if you ever get it fixed the color will suck and you'll have to hire someone to come out and reset them correctly.

kuhurdler
User

May 20, 2005, 5:51 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minehunter] Picture Issue! [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry, I wasn't paying attention and didnt realize this was a projection TV. don't mess with the screen voltages.

-RiddledTV.com
http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)