Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Pioneer SD-T5022 Projection TV (Bowing?)

RV-7
New User

Apr 25, 2005, 3:49 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2668 views)
Shortcut
Pioneer SD-T5022 Projection TV (Bowing?) Can't Post

Fellows,

I've got a Pioneer SD-(T?)5022 that I purchased from a Military exchange in 1997 or so. After powering up it would stay on for about 5-7 minutes before the picture bowed in on each side. If left on its own it would shut itself down after fighting itself with the bowing problem. Sometimes the power down was quicker than others.

Although not recommended, we found that if the TV was 'Jarred' or 'slapped' on the side it would shut down instantly, then restart....sometimes the picture would fix itself after doing this a few times. (Probably did help the TV Much).

The Bowing or bending inward squeezed the center of the picture inward..sometimes more...sometimes less. The visible Red/Blue/Green bands were visible at the outer edges. On some occasions the actual picture would come up larger than the screen so that picture (Movie) wouldn't all fit. Any of these situations would eventually lead to an auto-shutdown.

After fighting this with on-off's of the power, channel changing or slapping the problem would go away. As long as the TV stayed on it was fine until it was shut down overnight. We'd go through this ordeal every day when getting home to watch TV for the night.

Finally, my wife turned it on. She said that the picture came up but that it got smaller and smaller...and then dissappeared completely. She said that she heared a buzzing sound as the picture went away but that she didn't smell or see smoke..Now, only the audio comes up. There is no picture at all. Also, no displays of any kind show up.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. If anyone can point me in the direction of finding a service manual I'd also be greatful. I don't have a problem with doing the repairs - soldering - desoldering stc. I just need info and the (sub)locations of the boards and general layout of the circuitry.

Smile

Thanks to all!

John

RV-7
New User

May 17, 2005, 12:34 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RV-7] Pioneer SD-T5022 Projection TV (Bowing?) [In reply to] Can't Post

Any takers on this. I ordered a service manual but the place keeps emailing me updates that the manual is backordered....first in May....then June....Now July before it comes. Sounds to me like this could keep going.

Any ideas would help. I had ordered the service manual to help me find components. If the problem here seems to mirror some of the others I may opt to start changing the components on the picture circuits/Board....If I only knew where they were. Does anyone have a schematic from a 1995-97 Pioneer projection TV. Mine is a SD 5022 but I imagine that the others are similiar as for the component locations and for similiar part numbers.

Thanks

RV-7

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)