Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Please Help with my INSIGNIA NS-LCD26 TV...power board??

wrestlefan2
New User

Jul 20, 2011, 3:05 PM

Post #1 of 9 (5120 views)
Shortcut
Please Help with my INSIGNIA NS-LCD26 TV...power board?? Can't Post

Hi,
I was given an Insignia NS-LCD26 26" TV from a friend of mine that bought a new TV since she couldn't use this one correctly and already bought a replacement. Was told if I can fix this TV, I can keep it.

Always had a CRT TV and never an LCD, so I'd love to fix it so I can keep and use it.

Here is the issue at hand:

I plug in the TV and press the power button on side of the TV (she lost the remote). I have to press it a little harder than normal to get the TV to come on.

The TV takes roughly 2-5 seconds before it turns on. It's not plugged into cable yet, so I get a No Signal Error and then it goes to Snow.

After about 5 seconds of the snow, the TV shuts off like it's going into standby/hibernate mode. I have to unplug the machine and plug i back in to get it to come back on, but the same issue happens (almost like I'm resetting a circuit breaker that keeps tripping)

I fix computers so I thought it would be an easy fix so I opened it up and checked the power board and all the capacitors look good and read correctly.

The Fuse is fine (nothing loose not rattling not cracked and tests working on a fuse tester), but the holder of the fuse concerns me, one pair of the metal holders is fine and shiny silver, the other side looks like it's rusted/corroded.

I tried to used electronic cleaning fluid to removed the rust and got most of it off, but the unit is still doing the same thing.

So I don't know if that rust is causing the problem or if it's the power cord itself or if I should just replace the power board all together (doesn't come with the power cord, but the board is only $42 after shipping at the cheapest place I can find). Could something else be wrong with it that I'm over looking?

I'm not that good with soldering, but if I can get some advice on how to do it (if it'll be cheaper than a new board (if power board is issue))

So any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

(This post was edited by wrestlefan2 on Jul 20, 2011, 3:33 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 21, 2011, 6:24 PM

Post #2 of 9 (5104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wrestlefan2] Please Help with my INSIGNIA NS-LCD26 TV...power board?? [In reply to] Can't Post

After about 5 seconds of the snow, the TV shuts off like it's going into standby/hibernate mode.

You have read the set's user's manual so you "know" that this is NOT the correct operation under the conditions YOU are trying?

Hook signal to TV and switch to that signal and see what happens.

Angelic

-------------------------

wrestlefan2
New User

Jul 21, 2011, 7:05 PM

Post #3 of 9 (5098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Please Help with my INSIGNIA NS-LCD26 TV...power board?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I plugged in cable signal, got a picture, but before I could adjust the volume, the screen went black and the green led on light stayed on.

I powered unit off with button on side and turned it back on and the same issue happened (happened before I could adjust volume to check sound quality nor can't go to the system menu to reset anything before it goes black).

Wondering if I use video out could I connect to VCR and use another TV to see if I can see anything that way.

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 21, 2011, 11:35 PM

Post #4 of 9 (5098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wrestlefan2] Please Help with my INSIGNIA NS-LCD26 TV...power board?? [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be desirable.Smile

-------------------------

74f100
Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2011, 4:18 AM

Post #5 of 9 (5093 views)
Shortcut

Continue to turn up the volume, even if the video goes away. Sounds like the backlights are turning of, if so you will still hear the sound.

Power supply won't fix that.

Good luck,
Jim
HDMI not working

wrestlefan2
New User

Jul 24, 2011, 1:33 PM

Post #6 of 9 (5077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [74f100] Please Help with my INSIGNIA NS-LCD26 TV...power board?? [In reply to] Can't Post

I undid the system all the way to the LCD screen and checked capacitors on all boards and the all look fine. I also unplugged every cable and reset them in still no fix.

So don't know if it's a board or cable issue at this point.

I do know that the board where the main LCD cables come into at the top back of the display has no capacitors just rom looking chips so I don't know how to test that one.

I do know that lights come on the inverter board and when the LCD light goes out, those lights go out to if that helps any

(This post was edited by wrestlefan2 on Jul 24, 2011, 1:37 PM)

74f100
Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2011, 4:17 PM

Post #7 of 9 (5073 views)
Shortcut

OK, you are getting somewhere.

If the lights on the inverters are going out that is telling you what is happening.

You will see a group of red(positive) wires and a group of black(negative) they should all be at 24 vdc.

Then on the master(left side from the back), you should see another couple of wires, see if they are staying at about 2.5 to 5 vdc.

If those voltages are there, bad inverters or panel, you have to replace the inverters to tell for sure.

Good luck,
Jim
HDMI not working

wrestlefan2
New User

Jul 25, 2011, 5:22 AM

Post #8 of 9 (5064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [74f100] Please Help with my INSIGNIA NS-LCD26 TV...power board?? [In reply to] Can't Post

the light I'm getting in the inverters is like this:

LC260WX (I think this is the slave inverter) has a blue light that come on and it goes off after a few seconds of being on and right before the display turns off.

LC260WX2 (I think it might be the master inverter) does not have a light on it that comes on. Not sure if it has a light on that board or not. If it does it does not come on at all.

Tested the voltage of the boards, the postivie and negative wire do read at 24 volts, but on the master board the read around 10 volts.

Hope this helps.

74f100
Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2011, 11:28 AM

Post #9 of 9 (5062 views)
Shortcut

Probably is bad reading on the Master. They are connected together on the power supply.

Facing the back of the TV, the master will be on the left. It will have 2-3 additional wires, these are the Inverter on pulses, look for 2.5-5 volts on one of these, using the back of the panel as ground.

Jim
HDMI not working

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)