Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Power supply blown

Coolxr6t
New User

May 10, 2017, 10:32 AM

Post #1 of 1 (780 views)
Shortcut
Power supply blown Can't Post

Hey guys. I have a 65 inch samsung plasma and about 18 months ago i had to replace the power supply. It was easy to see that the power supply failed because there was a burnt out patch on circuit board.

Anyways was watching tv today and power went out. The circuit breaker tripped in switch board. Turned it back on and it instantly tripped again. I unpluged everything on the circuit to try find what was tripping it.

Turned out as soon as i switch the power point on for my tv it would trip. Like a circuit breaker would with a dead short. I pulled the power supply out of tv and plugged it in on its own, not connected to any other circuit boards and it does the same thing so its something in the power supply. I just can't visually see anything burnt out which surprises me because its not just tripping a 30mA rcd, its instantly tripping a 20amp cb.

Any ideas what it could be or would it be easier to buy a new power supply again. Im just annoyed the tv is only a few years old and i have had two broken power supplies already

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)