Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Problems with an old Zenith

Rustler89
New User

Feb 5, 2005, 5:57 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1194 views)
Shortcut
Problems with an old Zenith Can't Post

I've got a Zenith (model# SS8915H2) it works great on the lower number cable channels 2-40 but on channels 41-48 I have problems with reception. It seems as though the problem is heat related because I have no problems when I first turn it on. When the reception goes out, it is fuzzy and I pick up reception of channel 40 on channels 41-48 although it is black and white and fuzzy with no sound. Sometimes not all the channels (41-48) for example it may be only 45-48. If channels do go out it always starts with the highest. Also when only a portion of the channels go out, say 45-48, when click backwards on the remote the remainding channels 41-44 go out too but if I cycle through the channels going forwards then 41-44 will work again.

I've been experiencing this problem for about the last 2 weeks up until then it worked great. I know its an old TV, manufactured in 1990, but I was wondering if there was anything I could do. I think all pull the cover off it tommorrow and dry to blow the dust off the electronic components.

I thankyou in advance for any other ideas.

Brad

shadetree
Veteran

Feb 5, 2005, 6:55 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1182 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rustler89] Problems with an old Zenith [In reply to] Can't Post

bad tuner tiptop tuner.com $27

Rustler89
New User

Feb 7, 2005, 6:05 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1169 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Problems with an old Zenith [In reply to] Can't Post

Well I took the cover off and blew off the components and it seems to be working better, I also left the cover off to improve air flow. It still loses reception but not as often as it was before. I think I'm going to get an air compressor to blow it off better, there sure was a lot of dust in there.

So is tuner just beginning to go out or does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

Brad

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)