Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Q: How to fix permanent color distortion (Sony direct-view CRT Wega HDTV)

marktig
New User

Aug 29, 2004, 10:21 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2277 views)
Shortcut
Q: How to fix permanent color distortion (Sony direct-view CRT Wega HDTV) Can't Post

I recently purchased a Sony KVEH36M31 Wega direct view CRT HDTV. The picture is amazing, HOWEVER, there is a small area of permanent color distortion in the bottom right-hand corner. I think it is only the blue gun that is effected, as it only is really evident with a pure blue background.

I think someone had kept some non-shielded speakers too close to it for too long. My speakers are shielded and nowhere near it. I have degaussed the TV several times, but it is still there.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed and if so, can you get a gizmo to do it yourself or do I need to get Sony over (it is under warranty)? I live on the second floor and the TV weighs more than me so I want to avoid taking it anywhere unless I can be sure of an outcome.

Thanks anyone!

Mark

mel
Veteran

Aug 30, 2004, 12:10 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marktig] Q: How to fix permanent color distortion (Sony direct-view CRT Wega HDTV) [In reply to] Can't Post

Since degausing does not correct the situation it is likely caused by a purity adjustment problem and should only be worked on by someone who is an expert in his field. Call Sony for a warrantee repair.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)