First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ivtech
New User

Jul 13, 2008, 5:20 PM

Post #26 of 32 (1361 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flatscreen] RCA 25 inch picturetube type. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'm going too now but I'm just a little confused the way they have the numbers on either side of board don't totally assure me as to which one it is, is it the small blue one huddled on the side of T14301 or is it the big brown one on the end of T14301?

http://wilcocorp.com/...y=toroidal_inductors

flatscreen
New User

Jul 13, 2008, 7:11 PM

Post #27 of 32 (1352 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ivtech] RCA 25 inch picturetube type. [In reply to] Can't Post

For the first time I am really confused the link you included doesn't show anything similar to the things next to T14301,,,So I took a picture of my board so you can see whats there and maybe you can tell me which it is from that and I think we can decipher it from that at least I'm hoping,,,maybe this will work out if the pictures help with the progress, I could also put colored dots on components as to label them but I think you should be able to explain where the components are but if not I could dot them.
http://www.rjayssatellites.com/TVboard.html

ivtech
New User

Jul 13, 2008, 11:18 PM

Post #28 of 32 (1346 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
For the first time I am really confused the link you included doesn't show anything similar to the things next to T14301,,,So I took a picture of my board so you can see whats there and maybe you can tell me which it is from that and I think we can decipher it from that at least I'm hoping,,,maybe this will work out if the pictures help with the progress, I could also put colored dots on components as to label them but I think you should be able to explain where the components are but if not I could dot them.
http://www.rjayssatellites.com/TVboard.html It's that red thing with some wax on it between R14305and R14402,Oh boy you're having a tough time to understand this stuff,i suggest you to take a few lessons on tv repair. go here; http://www.monitor-repair.com/tv_repair_course_lesson

flatscreen
New User

Jul 14, 2008, 4:42 AM

Post #29 of 32 (1343 views)
Shortcut

I didn't get a chance to remove the L401 yet, I see how the legs are kity corner on it though but its late and am gonna close shop for the night, I did however take a reading on the hot and the first test with the red lead in middle or on collector and black on side emitter was high resistance and when I reversed the leads it was next to nothing on the meter, this is opposite of the results I should get for a good test according to the course directions, could you eloaborate on this? I am thinking possibly that you wanted me to remove L401 and make sure it was making proper contact as this may cause a symptomatic result of the hot test is that possible? Or is it a diode? I'll hold off till I hear your response. Also a matter of note my ohm meter only has 10 ohm, but even at the first reading that was high, it was only about two thirds up on dial.

(This post was edited by flatscreen on Jul 14, 2008, 4:45 AM)

ivtech
New User

Jul 15, 2008, 12:06 AM

Post #30 of 32 (1333 views)
Shortcut

My freind you should have a diode tester on you metter to be able to get a good reeding and should be as so Black probe on C and red probe on the B or E should be 0.442 or so and red probe on the C and black on the B or E should give OL or nothing.now the way you did on the ohms it's hard to do because it flutuates due to capacitance,on the ohmeter the way you did red probe on the C black probe on the E on my fluke Digital meter it goes up to 23K but it flutuates like is chargnig due to capacitace,
i looked at the t14301 that small black drive tranformer and it looks like on top has burns.also did you try to resolder it and everything else including the the coil (L14401),The Hot,(Q14401) flyback (T14401) all its pins,

flatscreen
New User

Jul 15, 2008, 6:21 PM

Post #31 of 32 (1327 views)
Shortcut

No I haven't yet, what I was thinking is maybe I should buy a Hot the snub like the course recommended if you replace HOT, and maybe T14301 and any small inexpensive stuff that ocasionally goes in that situation. And if any of those aren't a problem I probably have to work with the flyback wouldn't that be correct?
What is your reply to this approach? And if you think its the way to go where could I get the parts that you would recommend me getting for this approach at a good deal?

ivtech
New User

Jul 15, 2008, 10:21 PM

Post #32 of 32 (1325 views)
Shortcut

My freind things don't work like you say just by replacing components,before replacing stuff you have to make shure that the components that you are replacing are the cause off your fault,and this is done by testing components and circuit,since you seem not to know how to test and don't have testing equipment like a good Digital meter and an osciloscope,so you have to follow the advice that has been given to you by some of us, all you have to do is to reed well all our posts from the start and follow instructions, but you seem to want to do things your way,and thus you will never fix it unless you start to replace all components one by one,and have pure luck,but if your fault is most likely a cold solder (Bad joint) or one bad circuit trace broken, all what you're trying to do is to give a shot in the dark,
Beside you said you had low volts on the collector of the hot that also could be caused by U14101,U14102,and most likely CR14117 an zener diode as you see there are a few things that can make your fault,but a smart aproch for you that don't know much and don't have the proper testing equipment would be first of all test the hot like we suggested than if good resolder the Horizontal circuit, if you don't know where to resolder, just get hold of your soldering tool and resolder all the solder points and pins in site on the whole board. but make shure you don't give too much heat to the components,3 seconds is the time you have to leave your solder heating tip on some components otherwise you may over heat and distroy some components like transistors and IC's and so on. good luck my freind.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.23 s on (CGI/1.1)