Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
RCA 27" TV Problem

abookout
New User

Dec 29, 2006, 12:56 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2357 views)
Shortcut
RCA 27" TV Problem Can't Post

Hi. My grandmother has a 27" RCA tv/model 20V500T/dated July 2004 brand new, still in the box which she never used. It had been stored in her living room, so no issue with extreme conditions (heat, cold, etc). When plugging in, it comes to a silver fuzzy screen with the following:
FAC01
RC 3C
GC 93
BC 93
GD 2E
BD 29

Nothing we do, will bring up a picture or take us off this screen. If we hit the tv button, the screen text changes to:
FPA Bloc. Active'

At this point, if the set is turned off, the 'stand-by' light illuminates and cannot power back on without first unplugging it. Took it to 2 tv repair stores - both said they could not fix it.

I guess we should just dispose of it? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Adriana Bookout
[:(]

MOtvGuy
User

Dec 31, 2006, 5:07 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [abookout] RCA 27" TV Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like the microprocessor is locked up in some sort of factory setup or initialization mode. Nothing a new micro and eeprom couldn't fix but the cost to do that would exceed the value of the unit.

One last thought, this is such an odd problem that you might want to contact RCA and see if they're interested in this. I've never seen any RCA set with this kind of symptom which is obviously being generated inside the microprocessor.

abookout
New User

Jan 1, 2007, 12:27 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MOtvGuy] RCA 27" TV Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much for replying. I will try making contact with RCA. Have a happy New Year!

Adriana*

P.S. Will let you know how they respond

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)